Epilogue

Felix stared at the letter his sister had sent him. He'd asked her for advice. Of course, all she said was to talk to Changbin. Clear up what was infecting his mind. How could he? His fingers touched his lips. The same ones Changbin had kissed so longingly; so vigorously. Their moment had been one of fiery passion. Felix could barely remember what had happened other than the elder's demanding action.

It had happened and then it was over. A fleeting, impulsive, possessive thing it had been. Felix had once again forced himself to avoid Changbin. He was afraid if he saw him again he'd make a fool of himself. If he leaned in for another kiss, would he be left desperately waiting or would Changbin return it just the same as he had a few days prior?

His sister may be right. He should go and see. Even if it scared him he needed an answer, otherwise he'd make a mistake. Changbin had kissed him. There was nothing left to doubt. On the off chance something did happen and Felix's heart broke, he'd run to Jisung. That had always been the plan.

His eyes widened as a glimpse of their argument passed through his head. Changbin had mentioned Jisung quite a few times. Was he jealous? Was that why he had been so upset when he saw him; why he had chosen to ignore him because of an irritation caused by Felix's relationship with the Lord? Felix bit his thumb with a smile at the assumption.

He should stop making them. Changbin didn't like them. It was hard for Felix to stop, however, when the elder never gave him a thorough answer to anything. He beat around the bush more often than he didn't. Felix set the letter in his hand on his bed and exited his room. He told Anna he was heading off and would be back in the next few hours. No matter what he was getting an answer out of that man. Even if he had to force himself to stutter out a question like a fool, he would do it.

He took Charming from the stable and fixed him up for riding. Before he knew it he was standing in front of the Seo estate, hands clenching Charming's reins for dear life as he stared at the doors. He might have jumped the gun. He felt his stomach whirl with anxiety. He didn't even know why. It was ridiculous to be acting like he was.

He had suddenly been so confident and now he was back to his cowardly self. What would he even say? 'Changbin, I'm in love with you,' was too direct. It left him wide open to a punch to the heart. He didn't know what else would get the point across. He didn't have the guts to kiss Changbin and allowing himself to be weak and tender with him felt too hard as they were.

"Excuse me?"

Felix glanced behind him and met the appearance of a shorter lady. Her long black hair was tied in a ponytail with a beautiful midnight blue silk ribbon. She was stunning. "Pardon me. I don't mean to trespass. I have business here," he stated kindly with an apprehensive smile.

The lady tilted her head. "With Sir Seo?" she questioned.

Felix winced at his title. He'd long ceased calling Changbin with it. "Yes. Is he here?"

"He rushed off to the Han manor not too long ago. He should be back relatively soon if you'd like to wait for him," she said.

Felix glanced back at the doors. Should he? "I could come back tomorrow. I don't want to infringe on anyone's time. I know there's always a lot of work to be done."

The lady smiled at him. It reminded him of Rachael. Another reminder that he missed her. "You seem quite nervous."

"A great deal so," Felix replied. Why was Changbin at Jisung's? He was making this even more difficult for Felix. If he had been here the brunet would be able to get it over with as quickly as possible. His eyes searched the female's before him. He needed some sort of direction. "I can't decide whether to listen to my head or my heart."