5

Felix twirled a rose around in his hands with a gentle smile. Jisung had gone out of his way to pluck the thorns off of it. He'd caught Felix on the side of the road in town earlier that day and spared a moment to ask how his day was, hand him the flower, and then wish him the best afternoon before catching up with the men he was doing business with. He was quite the catch. All the ladies around seemed to be jealous of Felix because of it. Not that he minded.

He lifted the rose to his nose and inhaled the fresh floral scent. Jisung may be a fool but he had no lack of ambition and ideas. Felix could say that for certain. "Hyunjin wants the accents to be a lighter color. Pastels preferably. I don't know. I kind of want a forest green."

"Lord Hwang will end up doing whatever you want," Minho sighed. Felix snapped out of his daydream and looked up. Minho rolled his eyes at him and went back to kneading the dough on the countertop. "And I thought one lovesick man was enough to put up with."

"Well if you fell in love, we could all be lovesick together," Seungmin suggested with a grin as he examined his engagement ring.

"I've lived twenty-five years without someone, I'll live another five at the least before I even begin to think about sharing my house with somebody."

"You'll be jealous when Felix and I have husbands and you are all alone."

"Please, that'd be a blessing. You visit me almost every day. It's like babysitting without pay. I deserve pounds for the mental effort I put in to entertain you."

"Who knows, maybe I'll find myself back in Norbury at the end of the three months," Felix stated. Seungmin whipped his attention to him and glared.

"I forbid it! If you can't find that mystery man you better settle down with Lord Han so we can both be pretentious old men and criticize those London folk together."

Minho rose a brow. Felix set his rose down with a sigh and explained to Minho his dilemma. "Was he a nobleman?"

"He looked of a higher standard, I suppose. He cant be Jisung or Lord Hwang," Felix said.

Seungmin made a gagging motion. "Well, we know it isn't Sir Seo. That man is as romantic as a female prey mantis. That's to say, he'll devour every last part of your affection and kill the flame."

"He's not that bad," Minho argued.

Felix pursed his lips. "I've had the opportunity to meet him only once but I do sense he is somewhat of a rude man. Jisung seems to think him a prude."

Seungmin scoffed. "Prude is an understatement. I don't know how Hyunjin puts up with him."

"I get along fine with him," Minho told them with a light shrug.

"I suppose I should give him a second chance. He may have been having a rough day," Felix added.

Seungmin rolled his eyes and went back to caressing his ring. They spent another hour in Minho's bakery before heading back to Mister Bang's to help with Jeongin and Elizabeth. The next day when they came back they made brownies together. Seungmin because he wanted to show his husband-to-be a small act of affection, and Felix for two reasons. One, he wanted to give something to Jisung in thanks for the flowers, and two, he wanted to offer an apology and treaty to Sir Seo. He may have approached him on a bad day.

Luckily they knew the two would be at the Hwang estate thanks to Hyunjin and found themselves there after hours of baking. Hyunjin greeted them and grabbed onto Seungmin's hand instantly as if they'd not seen each other in a month. In reality, they'd just spoken the day before. Felix followed behind them with the woven basket full of brownies. They entered that same room with the piano by the window.