Chapter Four- Party?

Clementine

The week sped by sooner than we could have anticipated, and before we both knew it our first lecture was in an hour.

'Oh my god Clem I literally have nothing to wear, this is an emergency!' Lila shrieked out, sitting on the floor of our large walk in closet, pulling all of her clothes out of the shelves and off of their hangers.

I didn't understand her distress, it was only a silly little university lecture, not Milan fashion week?

'Uh, just wear something comfy?'

'Something comfy?! Are you deluded?! Its a day of making first impressions!' She groaned, throwing her head back and flailing her hands up in distress.

_____________________________

After a very stressful forty-five minutes of Lila running around the walk in closet like a headless chicken, we both finally seemed to be ready.

Lila was dressed in a black pant blazer and skin tight trouser set, with a burgundy lace bodysuit covering her chest, her neck and wrists adorned in golden jewellery. Her feet were sporting a black pair of Christian Louboutin red bottoms, and her hair was pulled into a low slicked back bun. Her make-up was sultry, winged black eyeliner sporting her eyelids whilst blood red lipstick adorned her lips.

On the contrary, I looked severely underdressed stood next to Lila, with a simple pair of white ripped skinny jeans, a cream Lana Del Rey merch t-shirt covering my chest, whilst my feet were sporting black platform converse. For make-up, I decided not to bother much since I already had eyelash extensions and my eyebrows were tinted and laminated. Instead, I dotted some concealer onto my red areas and eye bags, and dabbed some cherry carmex onto my plump lips. My hair cascaded down my back, as the only thing I decided to do with it was straighten it.

'Whats up bitches!' A shrill piercing voice suddenly erupts the room, the apartment door suddenly swinging open.

Annalise strolled into the apartment, kicking the door shut behind her.

'So! How do I look!?' She questioned, smoothing down her skirt.

The 5'6 girl was sporting a long brown and sage green patchwork boho skirt, probably made from several old quilts and materials. Her chest was sporting a black crocheted cropped tank top, several crystal necklaces and pendulums stopping right before her cleavage. She wore minimal make-up, and her hair was left in its natural state, blonde and waved, with a two small braids framing her face and some pieces of thread and beads woven into her hair. The top of her head was sporting a black and sage green bandana tied onto it, and on her feet lay a pair of brown Birkenstocks.

I raised a sharp eyebrow at her.

'Like a Hippie' I answered honestly, erupting a giggle out of the older girl.

'So the usual then yeah?' She joked, before walking over to our large black leather L shaped sofa, and throwing herself onto it.

I must say, my mother did a decent job at decorating this space for us.

As you walked into the apartment, you stepped into a open plan kitchen, with sleek black countertops and white cupboards. A little island with four barstools surrounding it was located in the middle of the kitchen, green faux plants placed in a perfect row in the middle of the counter. Our living room area, had a large leather L shaped sofa placed right in the middle of it, a long shiny polish oak coffee table, that sat on a rectangular black fluffy rug, placed in front of the sofa. A modern black armchair sat across from the sofa. A flatscreen TV was carefully placed above a black modern electric fireplace, the fireplace providing the room a bit of more comfort. Floor to ceiling windows adorned one of the walls, allowing plenty of natural lighting to enter the room. A glass staircase was tucked away into the corner of the room, leading to the upstairs of the apartment where our bedroom, closet, and en-suite were located.