Nanny needed!

• Dedicated to Liv

Chapter 3

"I'm sorry Miss, but we don't need anymore workers here."

"Oh, okay. But thank you anyway." Anika said and ended the call. Letting out a sigh she leaned back against the chair's back. It was the last application that she had send out and that was denied.

She really needed to get a job and soon. A real one, not the few things she did around London.

Getting up, she put the phone back into it's cradle and reached for the newspaper to try and find something else. Opening it she browsed through the paper, just looking over the headlines. But one cought her attention.

Famous British Actress Rachel Weisz killed in car accident.

Two days ago, this Thursday, our well loved actress Rachel Weisz, who played in many Hollywood and other productions, was involved in a car accident. By word of her husband Daniel Craig she was on her way home from an interview when a truck ran the red light and rammed her side on.

Help arrived imediately, but our sources tell us that she didn't survive the surgery that was done right after her arrival at the hospital.

She leaves behind her husband, and both their children Ella and Henry. Rachel Weisz will be sorely missed, not only by her family but by all of us.

Anika gasped as she read the article. She didn't know the actress personally, but she still felt extremely sorry for the family. Shaking her head to get rid of the darkened thoughts and the goosebumps she went to the job ads section.

Nanny needed!

Due to unfortunate circumstances this family is looking for a nanny. She has to be good with children: friendly, funny, kind and must like to play games. As she will be living with us, we want her to feel as part of the family.

Other chores the work includes: Cleaning the children's clothes, cooking, babysitting, playing with the children.

If you are interrested please visit us at the following adress.

Anika wrote down the adress and got ready to meet with the family. The sounded like a really nice family, though no picture was put beside the ad.

Taking out her phone she quickly called Linn's office.

"Gossip Today Magazine, Linn Sörenson speaking."

"Linn, it's I Anika." she said in greeting and could already feel Linn's smile radiating through the phone.

"Oh, hej. What's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that I found an ad for a Nanny position. All the other jobs declined and I thought I'd give it a go."

"Okay. Let me know what the family said."

"Yeah. I'll try to be back, before you come home, but I'm not sure how long they want me to stay."

"Okay, see you later."

"Bye."

Anika smiled and ended the call putting her mobile phone into her purse.

$$$

Anika had finally arrived at the adress of the family from the ad. Taking a deep breath, she reached out and rang the doorbell. She could hear voices as they drew closer from behind the door.

With one last calming breath she tried to look as cool and collected as possible. The front door opened and Anika gasped in surprise as she saw who had opened said door.

There stood the famous actor Daniel Craig, who portraied 007 James Bond, staring down at her.

"Um...hi. I, uh, I'm sorry to disturb you." she stuttered, but collected herself remarkably fast. "I saw the ad in the papers. For the Nanny job, I mean."

Daniel still looked at her, uncertanty crossing his features, but at last a smile placed itself on his face.

"Hi, come on in. I'm sorry for the slight chaos, but we were in the middle of cooking." he said moving to the side.

Anika nodded her head, stepping around Daniel and inside the town house.

"I'm glad that you came. You are the first to answere that ad. I think noone else wanted to look after my kids." Daniel said, laughing softly, but Anika could see the sadness and hurt reflect in his eyes.

"Well, I was looking for something to do, and as I got the time I thought why not." she shrugged her shoulders and gladly took the seat that Daniel offered her.

"That's good." he said, letting out a sigh and racking his hands through his short cropped hair. "You probably already know about my wife."

Nodding her head Anika folded her hands on her lap. "I do, and I'm very sorry about that. You have my condolences."

"Thank you." he smiled softly and it even reached his blue eyes this time. "As I'm moving around a lot with all the filming I wanted to be able to trust someone to take care of my children while I'm gone."

"I understand."

"I will put you on trial. For me trust is very important, and if there is just one thing going wrong or going out of hand you will have to leave." the way he said those words made Anika shiver. She didn't  want to cross him if ever possible.

"Of  course."

"Good. I need someone to take care mostly of Henry, he is seven, and sometimes help Ella out with her homework or some chores."

"Okay. If you want to work with me, do you need anything: referrences or something."

Daniel laughed heartly at that. "No, I've never done any of that. Usually Rachel looked after the kids. I'll see how you are during the first few days, so no need fo me to get any background check on you."

Nodding her head Anika smiled at that. "When do you want me to start?"

"Tonight."

§§§

Please let me know what you thought