Chapter 24

The music was pounding throughout the backyard of Lucas's yard. My friends, family and some of Lucas's intermediate family were mingling and crowding the dance floor.

It was my birthday today. The day I first arrived into this world.

I didn't expect Lucas to remember my birthday or to fly my intermediate family over here.

...Flashback...

A ding from my phone woke me up. Damn it I forgot to turn off the sound on the phone.

I'm awake might as well check.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie!!!

I might not say it enough but you are my world. Sweetheart I'm sorry we couldn't be there for you, but the cruise is non refundable. Your father really wanted to tour the Alaskan waters during the summer. Do not worry as soon as this cruise is over I'll haul him over there by an ear. We love you and go crazy, you only turn 26 once. <3<3<3

P.S. Wake up I ordered Haylee to take you, kicking and screaming if necessary to get a Bikini wax. She'll be there at 9:45.

What? 9:45? It's 9:30. Peanut butter monkeys she'll be here in less than fifteen minutes.

I took a time record shower. My red kettle was whistling signaling that it was ready by the time i was out in the kitchen. I really need to organize my cupboards because I can't find my mocha espresso powder.

Once I tasted coffee I was hooked. Its my drug. But I need to cut back because to much is bad for my health.

The door to the apartment rattled and in entered Haylee.

"Hello My purple eyed smurf. Good morning to you." Haylee said while lifting up her imaginary top hat.

"Good Morning. I am almost done just give a second to run a brush through my hair."

"Okie dokie arta chokie. "

That was weird she is up to something. She is never this obedient.

Fudge monkeys I need to buy the aloe oil for my hair again. It is really hard to run a brush to it if their huge knots every where.

Five minutes later and some how lighter head I was ready to go.

"Lets go Haylee."

She was engrossed on her phone and didn't seem to hear me.

I waved my hand in front of her face hoping to get a reaction. No such luck. Maybe taking her phone will do the trick?

My hand grasped her phone and I was about to pull it when she quickly took it out of my grasp and stuffed it into her tribal patterned bag.

"Ready to go? Ok we will take my car and go get you that bikini wax. "

I nodded my head and headed out.

We arrived at Bella's Salon and Spa. It was a really cute and homely kind of place.

"Hello ladies, do you have an appointment?"

"Yes under Nikki Williams."

"Ok. We will call you in a few minutes."

We nodded and sat down.

"Are you getting anything done Haylee?"

"Yes I was thinking of getting a mani and pedi with.''

"Ok. Do you know why mom booked the session ?" She didn't get to respond because the lady called my name.
***
After we got thoroughly pampered, Haylee said we had to go shopping for a new bikini to show of the wax I just got.

The thing with Haylee is that she gets a bit carried away. She threatened me in buying 3 new bikinis, 2 flowy summer dresses, beach sandals and beach sarongs.

"We are finished Nikki so stop giving me that deathly glare of yours." I was glaring at her back. Sometimes I think she has eyes behind her back.

She practically dragged me to her car and pushed me in. By the looks of things she likes it rough. Oh honey nut Cheerios what am I thinking. You see this is what Lucas does to my poor mind.

We were fifteen minutes on the road singing like crazy bats when I realized that we were going the opposite way of my complex.

"Hey where are we going?"

"We are going to my apartment to have a girls night." Haylee said.

She turned up the volume on the radio and started belting out the lyrics, completely shutting me out. I took that as my cue to not talk and followed her lead.

Haylee pulled over in front of the super market and looked at me straight in the eyes and said," I need to cover your eyes. It will be easier for both of us if you cooperate."

Dude have you ever seen those commercials that are promoting food. All the people are fighting like lions for the last piece. The look in their eyes is crazy. Well that is the kind of look Haylee is sporting.

I lifted my hands in front of me and said," Ok I will cooperate only if you promise not to kill me. "

"What gave you that idea, if I kill you I won't have a best friend anymore."

Oh that's reassuring, I thought in my head.

A sense of deju vu took over. This situation kind of reminded me of the date Lucas planned.

When Haylee was satisfied with her knot she petted my head and closed the passenger door.

"Don't worry my precious nothing bad will happen." Haylee murmured. 

I wanted to say something but she shoved a piece of her new scarf into my mouth. This is kidnapping. Well I'm not a kid anymore so its adult napping. Why isn't it as catchy? 

Its like when I asked my biology teacher if we have blue blood in our veins instead of red all over again. I used to think that our blood was blue and that when oxygen touched it then it turned red. No such thing :(. He told me our blood is dark red inside and then it turns to a lighter shade when oxygen touches it. I WANTED TO HAVE ROYAL BLUE BLOOD.!

The car turned and climbed on top of something. Please let it not be a living person.

"Time to get out sugar plum. " 

"Mmh  mmmmhhh" was my reply. Although I ment to say something along the lines of ,"HAYLEE!! When I get my hands on you the peanut butter lord will be up your as* and you wont know what hit you."

I felt hands  pull me out of the car and guide me somewhere.

The creak of a door alerted me that we were going inside of something. I felt some fingers on the back of my head untying the knot of the piece of cloth currently covering my eyes and taking the rag out of my mouth. 

"SURPRISE!!!! hAPPY bIRTHDAY NIKKI!!!!" People screamed and jumped from there hiding places. (1123 words so far see the 123)  

*************************

**********

******

***

**

*

Hello my precious peeps british mates of the chips ahoy army. 

H A P P Y   F AT H E R S   D A Y ! ! ! ! 

I'll try to update soon but you never know. I just listened to my mom dad and sister talk about why babies always like a parent more than the other. 

It was very funny watching my dad say that if he had actually given birth to  us we would be closer to him than to our mom.  

What ya think. 

Stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and stay cool.

I'm thinking of entering the Watt's should I? 

Leave a comment. <3<3<3