Chapter 13

Recap:

I forgot all about him. Shoot what can I do? My mum is going to start asking if we are together and how long and if we are serious. My dad will start questioning him and threatening him.

" Excuse me for a second. "

I pulled Lucas into the farthest place in side the kitchen. "Lucas my parents are here and you have to be in your best behavior. If they ask you if we are together you tell them no that we are just acquaintances Got it."

"Of course cara. I'll be in my best behavior."

Why do I have a strange sensation that he didn't mean that.

*****************************************

Nikki POV

Worst mistake of my life. Wait wait wait...

~Flashback~

I went over where Lucas was and saw he was cooking all four of the steaks

"Why so many?"

"Just incase someone comes over."

~flashback over~

That dirty... Pony! He planned all of this. Oh just wait and see Lucas you'll get whats coming to you. I thought evilly.

He knew. He planned this. It was the most awkward dinner in the history of dinners. My dad kept glaring at him. My mom was looking lovingly at Lucas and expectantly at me. Trying to say I'm waiting deary, when are you going to pop the question.

I shook my head and continued baking. I have many orders for tomorrow, New Years Eve. I'm working on this cake in which this really nice hot guy gave me instructions to bake a rose shaped cake and put his engagement ring in the middle.

He told me he was going to propose on New Years Eve to his long term girlfriend. He planned everything out perfectly all he needed was the cake.

"Osvaldo can you come here?"

"Yes."

"Call Hayley and ask her if she can come in today. I know its her day off but we are short on staff. "

He nodded and left.

I continued working on the cake.

"The life of the party has arrived." Hayley screamed.

I laughed and went to give her a hug. "Get to work crazy lady."

She turned around and gave me a wink.

She walked to her station and began working and so did I.

My apron began to vibrate then the song asigned to my parents started to play. Oh no. Don't get me wrong I love my parents but sometimes they can be a bit to nosy.

I hurriedly wiped my hands on my apron and fumbled with the phone.

"Hi mom."

"Hi sweetie. I just called you to remind you of our small New Years Eve reunion Party."

"Oh yeah the party, about that mom I'm kind of busy so I can't go." I told her

I have more important things like catching up in my episodes of my bae The flash. Hottie and he has a sense of humor. 'Sigh'

"What young lady? No you are coming sinse you couldn't come for Christmas."

"What that wasn't my fault I was sick. I can't control that."

"I know that sweetie but now you are all better so..."

"Fine but only for a little while."

"Oh and I have a surprise for you." she said than hang up.