•17•

Osas P.o.v

I wore a black silk gown. It had a spaghetti strap so I carried a jacket cause of my scar.

I had called Michael to cancel the plans but he didn't budge. Instead he said the more reason for him to see me.

At exactly nine, Michael was at my door. He was dressed in a black suite and black shirt and like before the top buttons were not fastened.

"You look beautiful." He kissed me on my lips.

"Thanks.' I said as he slipped my arms into his left arm and escorted me to his car.

He opened the door for me and I slid in. I watched as he walked to the driver's side and slid in.

"How was your day?" He asked, as he drove out.

"Stressful. Ruth's son is in the hospital."

"What happened to him?"

"Don't know yet. He was convulsing when they rushed him to the hospital."

"Poor kid." Micheal said, I noticed emptiness in his tone. No pity, no empathy.

"How was work ?". I asked.

"It was not stressful. Seyi- the boss had come but I missed him. "

At mention of the name Seyi, i took in a sharp breath.

"Oh." Was all I said as we drove in silence.

Minutes later we arrived at the restaurant. It was a fancy one.

We entered and we led to a table. All the tables were golden.

"Do you want to order now?" He asked.

"Sure." I said as I stared at the menu.

The dinner turned out to be a disaster. I don't know but he looked disinterested at all my comments.

He was just constantly glancing at his phone.

We headed back to my house In silence.

"I enjoyed the night."

You weren't even paying attention. I mused.

"Me too" I lied.

"You don't sound it ." We were standing at the door of my apartment.

"I don't know Michael. I felt I was talking to myself."

"I'm really sorry. Today was hectic at work and I had a lot on my mind."

I rose my brow as i glared at him with disbelief. He had just told me that work was not stressful hours ago.

"I understand."

"Next week is going to be a lot for me Osas." He said.

There was something I noticed. Before we started this relationship he always seemed available but now all that's is in his head is work.

" I also."

"So I'll call you later." He kissed me on my lips.

"Bye."

I didn't wait to see him leave.

Seyi p.o.v

Zina an I got  into a fight. I decided to stay a week in Abuja which she wasn't pleased about.

"Why can't we stay a month. Let me get to know your parents." She said.

"Then stay a month." I countered.

"I want you to be there seyi."

We were both on the bed as we argued.

"I have work to handle. I can't just abandon everything for a month Zina. Try and be reasonable."

"I should try and be reasonable?. Your the one not being reasonable Seyi."

I stood from the bed." I can't argue with you anymore."

"Where are you going to ?"

"The other bedroom. I need to think Zina and your not even helping matters."

"Fine. Go, get out. Go and think all you want but just know we are not done with this conversation."

I let out an a tired sigh as I headed to the other room.

I wasn't feeling sleepy. Time was twelve. I decided to watch anime. After how many episodes of Gintama, my eyes were still wide awake.

I dropped the phone and let my mind wander

In a few months I would be married to Zina unless my parents disagree but I doubted it.

I really did not want to hurt Zina's feelings she was okay but she just had a way for getting under my skin all the time.

And my thoughts trailed to my child hood days. Maybe if Jemima was alive I would have asked her for advice. Jemima would have said for me to leave her. Jem wasn't someone that would play along with playing with feelings.

And my thoughts then wandered to Osas. I was worried for her but I still felt a wave of  fury thinking of her.

She had no right to discuss my private matters with anybody but that wasn't what made me furious what me was, here I am worrying about her not knowing whether it was her boyfriend she had gone to that's if Ola's boyfriend is also hers or she has another one.

My phone rang. Who will be calling me by this time of the night?.  I mused as I stared at the caller and I could not smolder the smile on my face.