☁️ Like a Boy 🥀 // Kiribaku

⚠️ transphobia, homophobia ⚠️

Songs I'd recommend listening to while you read dis one:

I / Me / Myself - Will Wood
Half a Man - Dean Lewis
Drunk Walk Home - Mitski
MASCULINITY - LUCKY LOVE
It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
Dancing On My Own - Calum Scott
God Must Hate Me - Catie Turner

_______________________________________

Kirishima's Pov:

It was a free period after training. The sun beat down like a giant was holding a magnifying glass down at us.

I went to the restroom and splashed my face with cold water.

I wonder where Bakugo is..

I've had a crush on him for a few weeks now, but I don't think I'd ever tell him. It already took so long until he tolerated me as a friend, I'd hate to ruin that.

Footsteps rushed past the stalls, I held my breath as if they could hear my thoughts. But they left quickly, and I relaxed.

My binder creased against my ribs, uncomfortable against my sweaty skin.

Waves of disappointment and dysphoria flashed through my veins. I'm exhausted and embarrassed now.

And that's the cherry on top. How would Bakugo like me as a boy, first of all, and one who changed completely just to be this way?

I wish I was a normal boy.

I put on more cologne after adjusting my binder. Then I left the restroom.

I looked for Bakugo, finding him alone and still training on the dry dirt.
He was kicking up dust as I approached.

"Hey, don't you think you should take a break? You'll get burnt out, dude." I remarked.

He paused, "That's stupid, I just -" He gasped quickly, "need to -" again, he breathlessly inhaled, "keep going."

I sighed, "Come on, you're drained. Just take a seat for a minute." I jestered while sitting on the bench behind him myself.

He stared at me angrily as I lifted his water bottle, swaying it temptingly.

"Fine." Bakugo huffed. He sat next to me, and I offered him the plastic container. He snatched it, more tired and dramatic than his usual snappy attitude.

He chugged the liquid desperately. I nearly laughed but just smiled instead.

"What?" He barked, breathing normally again. "Stupid smile, dumb hair." He pointed to my bandana and spikes.

Now I laughed a little, "Haha, ouch. Nothing, you just listened to me."

He wiped the dirt off his pants as he stood up, "Whatever."

Gosh, I like him. Just as a person, he's the most adorable hot head.

I wish he knew that.

"I'm going to my dorm, maybe play some video games with Kaminari. You can join us if you want." I beamed, still, and walked to the dorm building.

Kaminari and I played Mario cart until the free period was over, Bakugo didn't show, but I didn't think he would.

I sat back in class, joking around with the squad, "That's not true! Aiazwa would totally pass out." I teased.

Sero joined in, standing next to my desk, "Nah man, if we had an all-nighter and he had to watch us, I bet he'd stay up the whole night."