twenty-four

omf!

last couple of chapters )):

Thank you guys for everything you've done for me.

I love you very much ❤️

***
"Kayla." I heard a slight whisper as I slept peacefully. My eyes fluttered open and there Conner was next to me, he sat on my bed with something in hand.

"What's wrong?" I ask sitting up slowly. He looked down at the object and then smiled at me. "I'm going to go looney in a few days, and I won't be able to help at all when that thing comes after you." Conner explains twirling the thing in his hand observing it himself.

"This. This use to be uncle Zack's. He knew one day you'd become an angel or something amazing. Don't ask me how, but he did." Conner chuckles slowly looking at it with a smile. "I regret everything I did Kayla. I loved mom very much." Conner looks at me and says it with a sincerity in his voice.

I looked at him oddly wondering why he didn't like my father. They never got along but still. "What about dad?" I whisper looking at him oddly. He thought about it for a couple minutes. "Dad lied to you Kayla. He lied to you a lot, there are secrets that you won't find out until you die." Conner manages to say. I knew my father was a secretive man but never nothing to the extreme.

"Some of them will be revealed to you very soon. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry I could never tell you. I was prevented by everyone to warn you. But now this is all I can give you --" he whispers holding the object up ready to give it to me. I put his hand down looking at him, wanting to continue the talk we were having. "Conner it's okay." I whisper towards him, my mind still oddly connected to what the object could be.

"No it's not. That's why I want to make it up to you." He handed me the object, I took it and it felt rightfully mine. Like it always had been. "What does it do." I whisper looking at the very detailed designs it had. "Whatever you want it to. You have that power now." Conner whispers kissing my forehead before standing up. "Think of it as a type of pepper spray for the magical world." Conner chuckles already at my door. "Don't ever loose it." He says softly before walking away slowly.

"I won't." I whisper to myself still holding the thing in my hand. I had a feeling this would come in handy specifically the day that I would meet with the Gani. I sighed before setting it on my night stand.

I shut my eyes again falling into a deep sleep.

-

a few days later

Tonight.

Tonight was the night everything was happening.

The plan we had created to save Conner.

I was pacing around the room Conner laying peacefully on Scott's bed looking at the ceiling smiling probably thinking of every good memory he held.

"Why? Why are you so happy? You could die today" I exclaim freaking out thinking of how this would end. When it would end. He shakes his head making me shake mine as well not understanding why he would be so happy to leave me. "I'm happy. I'm leaving in peace. I'm happy, life is going amazing." He grins at me, I pace slower and slower not sure how to react to this sudden happiness.

"I'm not happy. I won't be at peace." I try to explain that I wasn't happy with this idea he had of peace and happiness. "Kayla.." Conner whispers taking his eyes away from the ceiling just to look at me.

"Come here." Conner motions for me to come near him and sit with him. I slowly walked over crouching down by the bed. His eyes were still set on the ceiling.