Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)

"Why

"Why... why you!?" a boy shouted in anger as he choked a boy who was not much younger than he was. "Why isn't it me!? I can't see you fitting the criteria... What makes you so special?"

"The heck... are you talking about!?" the younger boy retorted.

The older boy threw him to the ground. He wore a poker face as he stared at the boy who grovelled in the ground. But behind that poker face, wore a face of disgust.

He's so strong... The younger boy thought. Is he a monster?

"I'm jealous of you, Kawaki," the older boy said, activating his White Karma. "And I hate you so much. If you weren't the chosen vessel... I'd kill you right now."

"Ah!" Kawaki shouted, jumping up.

"Are you okay, Kawaki? You were tossing and turning," a purple haired girl - Kakei or Shigaraki Sumire - said.

Kawaki was panting as he sweated. "Just a dream. It's nothing," he reassured.

"You're still having nightmares of Jigen discipling you?" an older man - Sanzu Amado - questioned.

"Sometimes, but this one involved Code," Kawaki said. "He was whiny and resentful, as usual. Even though I'm not a vessel anymore."

"Your assessment there is wrong," Amado said. "You misunderstand." Sumire and Kawaki turned their attention to the old geezer. "You're still Otsutsuki Isshiki's vessel, Kawaki. And that will never change," he said.

Kawaki glare deepened. "Huh? What are you saying?" he questioned as Sumire was speechless.

"Isshiki's soul may have been extinguished, eliminating any chance of him possessing you. But... It doesn't change the fact that you are his vessel," Amado explained.

Kawaki, to no one's surprise, had become pissed. "You bastard! Shut up right now. I don't want to hear it!" he shouted at the old man.

"Your body remaining Otsutsuki-fied is proof of that. That's your reality. You need to accept it," Amado continued, ignoring the pissed of Kawaki, who probably could kill him judging from the anger he produced.

Kawaki's arm transformed and held Amado against the wall. Sumire gasped in shock. "KAWAKI!" she cried.

"Are you deaf, you geezer!? I told you to stuff it!" Kawaki shouted. "I'm fed up with you!"

Amado barely showed any reaction. "And the plan to implant Boruto's Karma into Code is not a bad idea in theory... If it works, Boruto can resurrect and be saved and you'll get rid of Code. Two birds with one stone," Amado continued. "However... though imperfect, Code already has a Karma. So it's highly questionable whether you'd even be able to implant his body with another Karma. Plus... even if you succeed, Boruto cannot resurrect until extraction is completed and Code's body is fully Otsutsuki-fied.