Chapter 2: A Place To Belong

"There're claw marks

"There're claw marks. A kind of marker to a designated location. An ability unique to Code, apparently. According to Amado, he can instaneously travel from mark to mark. Consider it similar to Lord Fourth's Flying Raijin," Yamanaka Sai explained.

"So no Space-Time Ninjutsu, but as long as he left claw marks, he can always return to a place he's been before. That's how he's getting to where Ten Tails is, too," Nara Shikamaru said.

"None have been found inside the village so far, but there are four spots near the outer wall. It's unclear how long they've been there. He could show up at any moment. We've got teams of three watching each location. Plus others scearching for more marks," Sai continued explaining.

"Or, all four are bluffs - decoys to get us all riled up and spread ourselves too thin," Shikamaru said with narrowed eyes.

"Other villages are also reporting multiple claw marks, but no actual sighting of Code himself," Morino Ibiki said.

"Dammit!" Shikamaru growled, grabbing hold of the bar on top of the Hokage's tower. "I can't believe it's taking this much effort, by all five Kage, to find this one guy."

"We zeized and interogated a bunch of Kara Outers, but no yield there either. They're all foot soldiers. They don't know anything important," Sai said.

"Seems the claw marks are our only avenue of pursuit," Shikamaru said.

"And continuing to monitor Naruto, Boruto, Sasuke, Amado, and Kawaki, his possible targets. He has unfinished business with them. He'll likely seize the first oppotunity to show up," Sai commented.

"Yeesh, I wish Code would just stay holed up with Ten Tails," Shikamaru said.

Kawaki was watching them from on top of Uzumaki Naruto, the Seventh Hokage, Great Stone Face. His eyes shifted to the sensory ninjas watching him.

***

"Please explain it to me," Sumire said softly. "What you plan to have Kawaki do... once you've restorted his Karma?"

"I'm not trying to keep it under wraps, but it's a personal matter. I'll discuss it with Kawaki, but frankly, I'd rather not share it with you," Amado said. "But I assure you that your fears are baseless. I've zero intention of doing Konoha wrong, I swear."

Sumire's eyes shifted to the capsule that was lying on the floor. "What work are you doing right now? And what is this container?" she inquired.

"Could you leave, Kakei? I'm actually quite busy," Amado said.

"You can't tell me?" Sumire questioned innocently.