Chapter 5: Control

"You've been freed, too, Kawaki

"You've been freed, too, Kawaki. Where's your smile? I'll find the Ten Tails Isshiki hid somewhere... and then... feed you to it and claim its fruit," Kawaki remembered Momoshiki's words when he took over Boruto's body back during the fight with Isshiki.

"You bastard! How dare you come out again!" Kawaki growled.

"Uzumaki Boruto. You're quite a puzzel," Code commented. "Momoshiki's consciousness... Why does it emerge to this degree, when you're still only a vessel?"

Much to the shock of everyone when Boruto turned around, Boruto had the Byakugan activated, but his other eye was open as well. "Move back more, Kawaki. It ain't save," he ordered. He charged at Code.

Could it be!? Code thought to himself in shock.

"Shadow Double-Ganger!" he shouted, making hand signs.

Many Boruto's appeared, but without the Karma. They charged towards Code, in sync. The real Boruto punched Code, but he blocked it. Code was pushed back because of the hit.

I see. He's stronger!

All of Boruto's clones joined in. The real Boruto went to hit him, but Code used one of the claw marks he placed on hiim before the battle and teleported towards a tree. He transformed his hand, putting it through the claw mark he came out of. It reappeared, comming out of the real Boruto's claw mark, stabbing a clone.

Dammit! The real Boruto angrily thought to himself, seeing Code's arm still hanging out of him. He grabbed onto it, a clone coming to help. The managed to pull Code out of the real Boruto's claw mark.

What!?

The real Boruto punched Code. Code scrapped his transformed hand on the ground, then disappeared in the claw marks he left. Boruto turned around, seeing Code appearing behind him. "Yeesh! Such an annoying ability!" Boruto said.

What power! Much more than usual. Kawaki thought. I don't get it, though. It's still Boruto who's in control. When'd he managed to...

"Talk to me, Eida," Code said.

"I wonder if it's an effect of Amado's meds?" Eida began. Miyuki shifted her eyes towards her elder sister, staying silent. "I can't tell what's exactly going on inside Boruto's body, but at the very least, it seems he's now able to channel Momoshiki's power without his mind getting taken over.

Meds? Amado gave him meds? Miyuki questioned herself.

"Meds?" Code repeated.

"I wouldn't write him off," Eida continued. "It won't be funny if you go down before you regain your true strength."

***

"Huh? Boruto's chakra?" Ino repeated.

"Yup! Forget about Kawaki's. Switch everyone over to home in on Boruto's chakra," Naruto ordered. "A few dozen clicks around the village. Stat!"