9. lunch date pt.2 (half written)

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

the soft purr of minji's silver nissan skyline filled haerin's ears as she walked out of her dormitory building.

with a soft smile on her face, minji watched as haerin approached her car, her wavy hair catching rays of the warm, bright sun. minji got out of her car to open the passenger side door for haerin.

"hey, rinnie," minji greeted as haerin got into the car. "you look gorgeous today."

haerin's face lit up with a bright smile as she settled into the car, her laughter filling the comfortable silence. "thanks, i like what you've done with the car," she said, eyeing the car's interior.

minji's chuckle followed after haerin's remark, "thank you, it's been a while since you've last seen it right?"

haerin nodded. "it's gone through a complete 180."

minji chuckled again as she shifted the car into gear, revving it to life. "yeah, it was a bit of work, but it all worked out."

haerin buckled her seatbelt, "where are we eating anyway?"

"café amicis."

"ah, that's the one that recently opened right?"

minji nods in response, focused on the road in front of her as she merged into the flow of traffic. "yeah, i heard it's really good there, though. the portion's good for what you're paying."

it was haerin's turn to hum in response, letting the conversation quiet down naturally as she looked out at the scenery. the gentle hum of the engine blended with the soft music playing in the background.

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

"we're here." minji announces as she gently shakes awake a sleeping haerin.

'damn, she's pretty even when she sleeps.'

groaning, haerin stirs awake. "hm? we're here..? okay."

the cat-like girl looked over to her left, only to see minji intently staring at her with a sort of domestic, most likely— most definitely platonic type of love in her brown doe eyes.

"ah, erm—" haerin clears her throat, causing minji to snap out of whatever trance she was in. "let's not complicate this 'date', we're just haerin and minji, two people who like each other, got it?"

"yeah... i've got it." minji replies, unbuckling both hers and haerin's seatbelt. "let's go?"

haerin nods once again in response.

they enter café amicis, the tinkling bell above their heads greeting them as soon as they walk in. accompanied by the cafe's soothing background jazz.

the café was a nice looking place. it consisted of mostly natural colours with a few pieces of brightly coloured decor to make the place pop. it was well maintained too, very clean, with live plants spread throughout the café.