21. party monster pt.1 (half written)

minji once again found herself in front of café amicis for what seemed to be the fifth time that week.

the familiar jingling of the bell greeted minji as she entered café once again.

"minji! you're back again," mrs. pham greeted the korean girl warmly. "did you want anything to eat? drink?"

minji couldn't help but smile at the older woman's friendliness, "no thank you, mrs, pham. i'm actually here to pick up hanni."

minji looked around the café, unable to find the vietnamese girl anywhere. "where is she?"

mrs. pham ignored minji's earlier refusal as she handed the korean girl a layered chocolate crepe cake slice. "just take it, minji-ah. hanni will want to snack on something later, if not, you can have it yourself."

with the packaged cake slice in minji's hand, mrs. pham called out her daughter's name loudly, disturbing the café's peaceful atmosphere.

"hanni pham! get out of the employee's lounge right now!"

moments later, hurried footsteps approached minji and mrs. pham at the front counter.

"mom i only have like 10 minutes left in my shift— wait, minji?" hanni's voice trailed off as she recognized the familiar figure of the taller standing in front of the counter.

"go ahead, hanni. you can leave early today" mrs. pham smiled as she left the two alone at the front counter momentarily to grab something from the back.

"thank you, mom!"

quickly taking off her apron and hanging it behind her, hanni turned towards minji with great speed. minji catching a whiff of the citrusy shampoo that hanni uses.

"didn't realize you knew my work schedule, creep."

"hanni, i dropped you off to work."

"touché."

"anyway, i'm here to pick you up. you're okay with getting ready at my place right?"

hanni nodded yes at minji's question, "yeah, just hold on a moment, i gotta say bye to my mom."

minji watched as hanni entered the back to give her mom a hug, exchanging a few words before the vietnamese girl rushed back to minji.

with a wave goodbye, minji and hanni left café amicis, the bell jingling once more.

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

"your apartments pretty big, you've never once thought about getting a roommate?" hanni scanned minji's apartment since it was her first time ever being here.

it's true, minji's apartment was a bit further away from snu's campus, but it was worth it considering she was getting a 2 bed 1 bathroom space for only $345 a month. it was located in a safe neighbourhood, and provided a scenic view of the han river as well.

"nah, i like living by myself, plus i'm getting a steal for the amount i'm paying and the space i'm getting." minji set her car keys and packaged cake slice onto the marble coffee table in front of her, flopping back onto the black coloured couch.

"i like what you've done with the place; it practically screams minji."

"and what does that imply?" minji quirked a brow.

"i don't know, it just has your vibe." hanni shrugged.

minji's apartment was luxurious, but homey with an open space concept. her walls alternated between striped oak that added warmth, bright white walls as a mediator, and brick walls to give a rustic charm.