22. party monster pt. 2 (fully written)

minji's silver nissan skyline pulled up to ningning's sorority house with hanni, hyein, and hyein's friend — eunchae — in tow.

the sorority house looked exactly like what minji envisioned in her head, with its elegant white facade and stately columns that framed the grand entrance. the greek letters of the sorority was proudly displayed above its double doors, reading out "delta nu". a lush garden of coloured flowers and carefully manicured hedges adorned their front yard.

taking a peek through one of the sorority's many windows, brightly coloured flashing lights matched the bass boosted music they were blasting throughout the neighbourhood. how they hadn't gotten a noise complaint yet — no one knows.

minji parked her 2 door a little ways from the house, there were a lot of people attending judging from the amount of cars taking up the road.

minji unlocked her car doors, hanni wasting no time to get out of the car. hyein too — she quickly adjusted the passenger seat allowing her and eunchae to leave the 2 door.

"minji-unnie, y'know i love your car, but it isn't exactly the most practical to drive around with friends" hyein whined slightly as she stretched her limbs.

minji shrugged, "it looks cool at least."

after triple checking that her doors were locked, minji followed the others into the party hosted by ningning, technically delta nu.

as soon as she stepped foot into the mansion-like house, the thumping bass from inside was impossible to ignore, shaking minji's heart with every loud boom.

the spacious foyer, that was decorated with tasteful sorority memorabilia and twinkling fairy lights, served as the gateway to the party. there were already quite a lot of people hanging around the foyer, sorority members and whatnot, minji could only imagine how much more crowded it was deeper inside.

"minji-unnie, i'm going to meet up with eunchae's unnies'. don't worry about me!"

before minji could reply to hyein, the girl was already being dragged away by the hime cut girl deeper into the house.

minji huffed in worry, she had already lost hyein not even 10 seconds in the house.

taking hold of minji's wrist, hanni reassures the taller girl, "eunchae's unnies' are good people, don't worry."

lowering her hold down to minji's hand, hanni intertwines their hands together. "c'mon, loosen up minji."

☆⋆。𖦹°‧★

"chug, chug, chug!"

minji sipped on her non alcoholic coca cola as she stood in the corner of a room watching hanni partake in a game of beer pong, yes she is that one person at parties. she didn't even know which part of the house she was in, delta nu's sorority house was a fucking maze.

"bro, have a drink."

minji turned to her side, finding where the voice was coning from.

yujin, minji's close friend and track and field captain, nudged her — spilling a bit of her soju onto minji's arn. "ah shit — sorry, 'm a little tipsy."

minji's brow furrowed but couldn't be annoyed at her friend for too long, yujin's puppy-like charm getting to her. "don't worry about it, yujin. also, can't. i'm a designated driver this time around."

"you mean every time—" yujin slurred, "dude, you're always the sober one at these parties, just one drink wouldn't hurt!"

"if i'm not sober, who would be then?"

"definitely not me!", yujin hiccuped, the exclamation coming out a bit louder than she intended.

minji rolled her eyes, "talk to me when you're sober, captain. do you even know how you're getting home?"