Chapter 1: Intruder 

★★The picture above is not mine, belongs to its respective artist. ★★

It's a beautiful day in Green Hills. The birds are singing, critters roaming around, and even the trees and flowers seem to dance along with the wind. The day seemed perfect, like nothing could destroy such a wonderful day. That was until.

"Ahhh!" A scream was heard coming from the sky and the awful sound of creaking metal and failing power jets caused the birds to fly in alarm, critters to run away in fear, and even the trees and flowers went still, like all life was sucked away because of the approaching object that holds a very evil man. The once serene atmosphere of Green Hills is now filled with a looming sense of dread.

The object approaches the ground, bumping and sliding to a stop, sending sparks and small debris flying into the air. Destroying the grass and flowers that were once there.

"Hmp, stupid pile of bolts. I was so close to obliterating Sonic and his friends with my new killing robot. But noooo he decided that dying today won't work for him." the man angrily said as he got out of the smoking, round vehicle. Its glass dome, or what's left of it, shattered and fell to the ground.

"Uh, Dr. Eggman, sorry to interrupt, but how do you plan on going back to base when the Egg Mobile is destroyed?"

"Yeah Doc, how?" said Eggman's most loyal but obnoxious robot henchmen, Orbot the more reasonable one, and Cubot the more.... interesting one.

Eggman brushed off the dirt and small glass shards off of his red coat, readjusted his glasses, and started stroking his mustache.

"Simple. We go towards one of my abandoned research bases that's nearby." He replied once he mostly cooled down.

"But Dr. Eggman, what about the Egg Mobile?"

"Yeah, boss! It's not like we can carry it."

"You dimwits!" Those sorry excuses of robots are going to be the death of me if the blue rodent doesn't do it first. Eggman thought as he rubbed his forehead.

"I'm going to use the Egg Mobile communication system to get in touch with the remaining robots at the base. Sadly, they're most likely deactivated, so it's going to take longer than I would like for them to get here and bring me to the research facility," he explained and started to input the necessary commands into the Egg Mobile's communication system to get in contact with the base.

"You do mean we, right?" Cubot asked.

❍❍❍ 1 Hour Later ❍❍❍

"How could he have left us? If we didn't hitch a ride with one of the other bots, we be stuck walking the rest of the way."

"You make a fair point, but, Cubot?"

"What?"

"We don't have legs, therefore we can't walk."

"Oh, right."

(Meanwhile, elsewhere in the base)

Hmm, power is in shorter supply than I realized. I'm going to have to start diverging power to the workshop if I ever want to get out of this research facility. There isn't anything useful. Most robots, resources, and information that I could have had, the former resistance destroyed, gathered, and knows about. Eggman looked at his palm. "Ha, and to think three years ago with this very palm the world was in it. It was at my will and yet" Eggman turned his hand into a fist, slamming against the main control panel of the facility. "I haven't come close to it ever again," he stated bitterly.

Eggman unfurled his hand and relaxed into his chair. "It's no use worrying about it now. I need to focus on getting out of here if I ever want to conquer the world again." He started transferring power to the workshop. "Lab. Kitchen. Bedroom. Testing room. Storage. Rob-"

"Alert! Alert! Intruder detected within the facility."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sorry it's short. Let me know what you think? And let me know if I need to improve on anything.