Chapter 2: Discovery

★★The picture above is not mine, belongs to its respective artist. ★★

"Alert! Alert! Unide-"

"Grrr! Those blasted rodents are just kicking me down now!" Eggman stated angrily. If Eggman were any animal, he would be a rooster, with all his yelling and squawking trying to direct robots to get rid of the Sonic Team.

"I want those rodents gone! Especially that pesky blue hedgehog!"

(Meanwhile, somewhere in Green Hills)

A blue hedgehog was peacefully sleeping by the base of a palm tree. All of a sudden, the hedgehog's right ear twitched. He opened his emerald green eyes and looked around the area as he sat up.

"Huh? Could have sworn I heard Eggman's squawking?" He said as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh well" shrugged his shoulders and went back to sleep though slightly tense just in case if another attack occurred. Completely unaware of what's happening with Eggman.

❍ Research Facility: 5 minutes before ❍

A variety of robots, though few, were roaming the halls with synchronized footsteps, each step vibrated the floor and each buzz had the chance to destroy your ear drums. The atmosphere only becomes more tense once power from different areas goes to the workshop, leaving darkness in its wake.

A robot was walking by a door that led to a storage area for the testing room. The robot can hear the sound of pressured air being released but thought nothing of it because, after all, the faculty was not too long ago turned on, so pipes and wires were expected to make noise.

What a foolish mistake.

Cause in that room is a containment pod with its lid sliding off, releasing cold fog into the room. In the fog, you can see something trying to get out of the pod. Arms trying to grasp the edges of the pod and two large ears listening for any sudden movement.

Eventually, the creature succeeds in getting out or should I say tumbling out, lying on the cold metal floor looking around. The fog started to recede, revealing the creature's form. It was what looked like a jackal with its big ears, dark gray fur, piercing yellow eyes, and yet.

It has blue strands in its white hair and blue fur at the end of its tail.

Blue, a non-jackal trait.

"Ugh," rubbing its head, the jackal started to look around "Where am I?" once its eyes adjusted to the darkness "Oh right. The doctor's lab. I need to go." I hope I didn't make too much noise.

The jackal went to the door and put its ear against it, listening for any robots. Not hearing anything, it quickly went out the door, running down the hall as quietly as possible.

Its bare paws skimmed across the cold floors, barely making a sound as the jackal swiftly navigated through the dark abyss that was the corridors. Why is it so dark? The last thing I remember was being dragged to that capsule by robots and the blinding lights. Now, there are no lights. Maybe the place is abandoned. I can go home and see."ooof"

The sound of the jackal running into something, gears turning and metal grinding against each other to move, made the jackal back away in fear.

Not completely abandoned, not abandoned! The jackal thought in alarm, turned tail and ran in the opposite direction of the robot.

The robot, on the other hand, activated the alarm and started firing lasers at the fleeing jackal.

"Alert! Alert! Intruder detected within the facility."

Blaring flashing red lights filled the darkness, though this did not ease the jackal as it ran and dodged. Its fear only became worse when it heard Eggman's voice through the halls and more robots appeared, firing from bullets to traps or full-on trying to grab the jackal from the ceiling. One laser grazed the edge of the jackal's left ear, making the jackal falter in its steps, but not stop. The jackal ran and ran until its legs wobbled and lungs burned, but it kept running, of course, luck was not on its side today.

As the jackal ran, it took a sharp right in hopes it would get the robots off its tail. It worked, robots crashed into each other, Yes, but more continue to follow, No. Soon the jackal was cornered between a hard place and a harder place.

Robots and a metal wall.

The jackal, though worn, put up its fist ready to fight. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die trying to escape and not as a coward. As soon as a robot comes up to the jackal, the jackal will be ready to fight tooth and nail to escape.

"OHOHOH" a full-body laugh was heard, making the jackal tense all the more, prepared for anything if a robot so as moved an inch. A figure emerges among the crowd of robots and flashing lights.

"Here I thought it was Sonic kicking me down, but noo it was just a weak, pathetic girl. HOHOHO!" And to think I was getting worried. Eggman turned to his robots, "Kill her." then he turned around and started heading back to the control room. His henchman though.

"But boss, is that really necessary!" Cubot spoke frantically.

The robots with blasters aim. The jackal preparing to move like her life depends on it.

Because, It does.

"Doctor Eggman shouldn't we hea-"

"You should be worried." the female jackal said.

". . ."

Eggman stopped and signaled the robots to stand down. "What did you say?" Maybe I'm hearing things. Curse that blue rat and his friends.

"I said you should be worried. Though, your hearing could be better if you left the blue rat and his friends alone. " The female jackal sarcastically replied without missing a beat, gaining confidence as the minutes went by, but not letting her guard down.

"Hmm," Eggman hummed, turning around to face the jackal. He starts to walk closer to the jackal until he's four feet from her. The female, though confident, was scared knowing how she ended up here in this base before. Eggman starts to walk around her, twisting his mustache.

How did you get here?

"I have been stuck here."

What's your name?

"I told you before, and I'll tell you again. I won't tell you!" the female replied angrily, "Do you not remember me?" she snarled.

"Uh Doctor Eggman I'm detecting power levels similar to that of the"

"The Phantom Ruby," he said, interrupting Orbot. "Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now. You, my dear, will be the key to my success," he said as he pointed to the jackal in front of him.

Yellow eyes glared into blue glasses.

"You know I will never help you."

"Oh, I'm well aware of that, but that won't be an issue." Walking towards his robots, "knock her out and bring her to a testing cell."

After hearing that, the look in her eyes became feral. Robots that came to close, loss their heads, but that wasn't enough to stop them. The jackal was too weak and tried to defend herself against the hoard of robots. Soon was knocked unconscious and carried to a testing cell.

"Um, boss, who is she?"

"She was a secret test subject."

"Test subject?"

"Ah yes subject 001" he replied blissfully, like he was remembering something beautiful, but we all know better than that. "Or what I like to call her.

Subject Trinity."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Yay a longer chapter. Let me know what you guys think? And let me know if I need to improve on anything. Talk to you guys some other time, bye.