PROLOGUE: DUMPED.

𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚎 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚊 

✩⋆

𝙻𝚘𝚜 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜

My eyes darted from the coping magazines on the wood-stained side tables, to the plain tan walls that were plastered with suicide and grief hotline numbers. I clutched the tote bag that sat in my lap a little closer, watching the 20 something year old rock back and forth in her chair, whispering nothings to herself, while twisting a matted curl. I can't believe I'm in a place like this... All because of 𝚑𝚒𝚖.

A woman with scrubs and glasses appeared from behind a door. "Solana?" Her eyes looked up from the clipboard resting in her hand. She smiled at me as I walked through the door, ushering me into the first room.

The room was filled with nothing but a couch pushed against the wall and a single chair positioned in front of it. The sunlight from the un-curtained window showed through almost like a spotlight telling me where to sit. Goosebumps raised from my skin as the cold air from the running AC flowed through the empty room. "Why would they sit the couch right under a vent?" I asked myself, while subconsciously rubbing my arms for warmth.

A few minutes later a black woman, who had to be somewhere in her late 40s or early 50s, walked in and closed the door behind her. Her natural hair was blown out into a salt and pepper colored bob, she wore a smile on her face that was supposed to be warming, but didn't really do much for me.

 It was still cold as fuck in here. 

"Blazelynn Solana?" 

I cringed hearing my full government name; I was never a fan of it. "Blaze. Just Blaze."

"Okay... Blaze," She scribbled on her note pad like I said some profound shit. "I'm Dr. LeBlanc, can you tell me a little bit about why you're here?" Her eyes peeked over the rim of her glasses.

I looked down at the paper in my hand that was stamped 'Court Order' in red.

"I have to attend these anger management sessions to satisfy my probation requirements." I spoke through slightly gritted teeth, my body now finally warming but with anger.

She chuckled a bit, crossing her legs and getting comfortable in her seat. "I know that Blaze, but could you tell me why or how this became court ordered? What happened?"

A sigh escaped my mouth, "LaMelo Ball DUMPED me."

✩⋆

xoxo, Retro