LAFRANCE.

𝙻𝚊𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕

✩⋆

"Shipment came in late and I need to get shit stocked and put out before Saturday. You'll come by and help me with inventory?" I asked Devin who was connected to the CarPlay in my Range Rover.

"Yeah, I got you bro bro, after I finish working on my baby." By his baby he meant a 1968 Chevy Camero convertible he'd been working on for the past year. It was his dream car, and after many years of searching for it, he finally found one. It was a beater but he was getting her right.

"Aye, Stasi told me what Brookie did. You handle that?"

"Yeah,  she was on some jealous shit. She said she knew Stasi would show Blaze and swear Stasi was the only one in her close friends — but I don't know — that shit was lame as hell." I kissed my teeth feeling the irritation in my body grow all over again.

"You can't tell me that jealous shit not sexy though bro."

"It might be in a bitch you want, but she not my bitch and she not who I want. She can't be doing shit like that and think imma let it fly."

"I thought you was just on Brookie, what happened?"

"Ion know brodie that shit just turned me off. Plus you been having me with yo big head ahh girlfriend, fine ass friend so I haven't even seen her forreal."

We been with Blaze and Butthead almost everyday since she moved out here. It felt like back in the day, when we use to be on our two man shit only this time Devin was the only one getting some play. I'd try to get Blaze to give me something, even a lil kiss, but she don't ever go for it. Weirdly enough I ain't mind just chilling with her. Most of the time when I'm around females it feels like their personality forced or the shit don't really feel chill. But I never felt that way with her. Us together, it's a cool lil vibe.

"Damn you on georgia peach like that? Sound like you on more than just getting some pussy nigga."

I was glad he couldn't see the little smile that crept on my face, because I didn't have time for him to be jockin me.

"Strictly, pussy." I spoke, spotting a familiar silhouette walking down the street. "but let me hit you back."

"Yeah, aight. I'll see you when I get to the shop nigga."

𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚎

✩⋆

"I don't know what's wrong with me." I cried, on the phone to Stasi while she ate her lunch on break. "It's like- like I'm just not good enough or something, but I know I am. I've worked my ass off for my degree. I know my shit!"

2 weeks have passed since I moved, and all five interviews that I had set up prior to coming to California rejected me. It was starting to feel like my family and ex were right, I was never gonna make it.

"Awe babe," Stasi coo-ed, trying her best to soothe me over the phone as I walked down the busy street with no destination in mind. I wasn't ready to call an uber yet.

"I'm sure the job God wants you to have is right around the corner and I know you don't want to hear it but just be patient your time is coming."

"I just — AHHHH." I screamed as a car erratically pulled-up next to me. My life flashed before my eyes and I truly thought I was a goner.

"What? What? Are you okay? bitch please tell me you didn't jump off a building or something. Hello?!?"

The cars window glided down, unveiling LaMelo with a stupid grin across his face. "No it's just Melo... bitch do you think i'm suicidial?"