two weeks

"You know, you remind me of the ocean."

Two weeks and a month had passed since Kaedehara Kazuha had cut you off.

Two weeks and a month since he blocked you with no context.

Two weeks and a month since you had lost weight. Two weeks and month since the circles around your eyes darkened. Five days, two weeks and a month since you had been counting down every single second in hopes that he'd come back.

You grimmaced at (random)'s words, your teeth gritting as you looked at them.

They had brought you to a random beach in Inazuma, a quite basic one at that, and they were sitting next to you watching as the waves crashed on the floor.

Had the sand always felt this dull and cold ? Had the beach always felt this boring ? Last time you went, with Kaedehara Kazuha, you swore you could've felt sparks fly. You could've sworn the sky was so much prettier and the waves more elegant, the seashells shinier and you didn't feel this ache where your heart was supposed to be.

This didn't feel right, and you knew it. It didn't feel like what you desired. But what could you do about it ? Kazuha was gone, and he wasn't going to come back. It's not like he ever loved you anyways.

"How so ?" you asked, your fingers playing with the golden sand you sat on out of boredom.

"What ?" (random) asked, their head finally turning up to meet your gaze. "Did you already forget your own question ?" you scoffed, breaking the eye contact you had held with them.

"You told me I reminded you of the Ocean. How so ?" you asked again, your line of sight focusing on the tormented waves of deep blue ahead.

"Oh ! Because, you're just as majestic. Just as beautiful and intimidating." they spoke, the corners of their lips turning into a smile, probably because they were proud of their own cringey metaphor. You just hummed in acknowledgment. You didn't really feel like talking about how you ressembled the vast expense of water anymore.

"You remind me of the Ocean." He had spoke, hand in yours, his words like dripping honey in your ears.

You laughed quietly, enjoying his presence as you waited for him to elaborate.

"So beautiful, yet so angry at the world." he chuckled. « don't worry though, i'll be your moon, to help you control your tides when it gets too hard. »

your breath hitched.

he only smiled, unaware of the effect he had on you.

You sighed at the memory, unknowingly gripping the sand beneath you. Your stomach turned and suddenly, you could feel your 'lunch' doing backflips up the way to your throat. "Hey, uh, this was fun and all, but I got to go. I'm sorry."

"Huh ? Are you okay,(name) ?" (random) questioned, swiftly getting up and following you to the old stone 'staircase' to get out of the beach.

You smiled and nodded, the lack of sleep making you unable to formulate a correct sentence. Or maybe it was the fact that you didn't feel like talking to them. Whatever it was, you just wanted to go back home and bury yourself under the covers to cry about your former lover, or whatever he was. Maybe take some medicine too, that would do you some good.

You left (random) stranded at the beach, but you couldn't care less. You walked ahead quickly, the autumn cold coming to nip at your skin. Summer felt so far away, yet it was only a few days ago. Five days, two weeks and a month, your brain reminded you. You grimaced. You didn't really feel like eating dinner tonight either.

an: i hate this gn