blue moon beer

knowing you were a chapter of kaedehara kazuha's life should've been something you were proud of. but you weren't, because it hurt knowing you were just a chapter while he was the title of your book.

'ocean' is what you would've called it, for the many times you and him had spent there, enjoying the sound of the waves as they crashed onto the shore. you felt like your heart belonged to the ocean, it always had. but this time, it was one with the spurs of water, constantly being thrown onto the earth to be gulped down by the sea again, just like a grain of sand.

you stood there, watching as your feet sunk under hues of blue before reappearing again, covered in thousands of little hearts just likes yours, going through a rollercoaster. you stood there, flower in hand as you weeped for a tomb with no inscription, grieving something; someone, you never had. how pathetic.

you briefly turned around, ready to go home for the air was getting quite chilly, when you spotted a mop of blonde platinum hair, standing on the edge of the cliff leading to the beach's entrance. as soon as you saw it, you ran, as if some magnetic force was pulling you towards that person, eager to see him again even though he put you through hell.

désappointement was laced onto your features when you saw the empty bench where the 'stranger' once stood. you sat down, only to be met with a bottle of beer on your right. you bit the inside of your cheek.

you were twirling under his arm as his hand holded yours in front of your porch, laughing and smiling obnoxiously under the influence of alcohol. blue moon beers to be exact.

« you look pretty », he mumbled under his breath as he continued watching your happy figure dancing under the moonlight.

light always seemed to find it's way to you, he realised, there hadn't been once where your features were not highlighted and illuminated, be it by the stars, sun, or even lampposts in the street.

« what was that ? » you laughed back, drowning in ecstasy as you felt his eyes land on you again.

he internally panicked- you hadn't known each other for long, heck, this was the first time you were hanging out just the two of you. « um, i said you look shitty. goodnight (name)! » he hurriedly responded back before grabbing his coat and walking away.

your brows furrowed and your movements stopped, eyeing the way he was so eager to leave.

then he turned back, and his eyes softened upon meeting with yours. he then smiled apologetically, put his item of clothing back down, and placed his hands on your cheeks.

you kissed, under the broken light of your front porch, sinking into his touch, discarding the blue moon you could taste on his lips.

you kicked the blue moon beer away with your elbow, letting it satisfyingly crash against the grass, as the wind gently swept away the tiny pieces that were light enough for it to carry, along with your (haircolor) strands of hair.

your heart squeezed at the idea of him being here, drinking, letting the air flow through his clothes and scalp, watching you below in the water. your heart squeezed because you knew he was thinking of you- when buying the alcohol he had been tasting minutes ago, when coming to this specific place to reminiscence what had been lost, and when looking down only to be met with you. your heart squeezed in hopes that his was feeling this unwell too.

an: you're in the wind i'm in the waterrr
love hate relationship w this chapter but wyv 🤞🤞