chapter 1- the day before.

(this doesn't take place in like the timeframe of the movie or anything it really doesn't have a time frame so there are some modern things and things from the movie.)
About a month ago my adoptive parents told me about my family's story and how my parents who were wizards died thanks to the one who must not be named. They told me I have a brother named harry and I always wanted siblings so I got pretty excited about it.
I'm 15 years old and just found out about Hogwarts so apparently when I start going there I will have to get sorted in a house since I never did that before. I'm very nervous because my brother is in Gryffindor and I really want to be in a house with someone I know. My anxiety is already horrible I mean I take antidepressants and pills for anxiety since I was 13. I guess it all seems kinda dumb at this point. A wizard who needs pills to not want to kill himself. Even though those thoughts never really faded. Whatever. Today is my last day home before I go to Hogwarts. My brother is going to pick me up and take me there. I've met him a few times and he seems nice so I guess that's less scary.
I finish packing my things and try to go to bed. After hours of overthinking I finally manage to fall asleep with two hours until I need to get up.