Jude ~ Sick

You sat in the living room sipping coffee with Denise. You were talking about everything under the sun, laughing and joking loudly.

"We've got to keep it down, Jude's still asleep." You say still laughing at something Denise said.

"Wow, I forgot about my own son, you keep me so entertained." You both laugh "no but seriously, why's he still asleep? Does he normally sleep in till this time?" Denise asked.

You checked the time on your phone and furrowed your brow.

"1:30? No, he's normally awake by 11 latest on his off days." You say confused. "Maybe I should check on him." You say looking at Denise for confirmation.

"No he's a big boy, I'm sure he doesn't need checking on." She laughs lightly.

"I know he is, but just to be sureee." You say stretching out the words as you stand up to make your way up the stairs to Jude whilst Denise continued to laugh at how soft you were.

You made your way into your shared bedroom with Jude. "Baby" you whispered as you say down next to Jobe, stroking his cheek lightly.

Jude looks up at you and smiles softly.

"Morning darling." He says pulling you to his body, you place a kiss against his chest, sitting up straight again.

"It's actually afternoon now babe. You're mums downstairs, why don't you come down and spend some time with us."

"I will baby, five minutes." He says, you place a soft kiss against his lips and make your way back down to Denise.

"He's coming down." You say with a smile. "I'll just get his coffee ready." You say as you walk towards the kitchen.

"You know he can do that himself." Denise calls out to you.

"I know he can but I love doing these little things for him." You say back with a small chuckle.

"Sweetheart you spoil him way too much." She responds seriously but still in a soft tone.

"I'm not spoilt." Jude says walking down the stairs.

"Oh yes you are" Denise says back to her son.

You walk back into the room handing Jude his coffee. He places a single sweet kiss on your lips and then places his lips firmly against your forehead, kissing you tenderly.

"You're right, I am spoilt." Jude says with a grin as he sits down next to you on the sofa taking a sip of his coffee.

You carry on conversation with Denise, with Jude's occasional input. Jude places his lips to your shoulder, he rests his head there and doesn't move, initially you don't realise but after a few minutes you take Jude's hand into yours.

"Baby, are you ok?" You ask him

"Uh, I, I don't know." He says slowly lifting his head from you.

Your eyes fixate on Jude's face. His complexion draining of colour and his eyes fading away. You turn your whole body to face him as you place a hand against his forehead.

"Oh my god, Jude you're burning up." You say feeling around his face.

"Really, I'm freezing." He says trying to use you as a human blanket.

"No baby, you are literally boiling hot." You say turning to look at Denise hoping for some input.

With a frown Denise gets up and sits on the other side of Jude. She touches his face trying to feel his temperature. "Oh no, you are really burning up Jude." She said with some concern.

"Baby lay down please." You say to Jude helping him do so. His body falls quite limp and weak and begins to profusely sweat.

You pull his T-shirt off his sweaty body, trying to cool him down. You manage to pull it off but Jude begins shivering. "I'm so cold." Jude weakly says as he tries to use his hands to cover himself. "P-please can you get me a blanket." Jude says to you crushing your heart into pieces.

"No" Denise says strongly to Jude "you are too hot you can't." She says to him so you don't have to.

Jude's teeth begin to chatter, once again crushing your heart causing you to close your eyes and place your hand over your chest.

"Baby" Jude says causing you to reopen your eyes. "Please baby, I'm so cold it hurts." He said taking your hand and looking you in the eye.

"Don't try and manipulate her." Denise says to Jude, Jude's eyes still fixated on yours.

"Only for a few minutes." You say, Jude nodding in response.

"You can't give in to him y/n" Denise said disapprovingly.

"What else can I do, I can't look at him like this." You say your eyes welling up slightly. "Just for a few minutes." You say trying to convince yourself you're doing the right thing even though you knew you weren't.

You brought the blanket in the room and tucked Jude into it. "Thank you, thank you so much, I love you so much." Jude says weakly as he snuggled into the blanket.

"I love you too baby" you say placing a kiss on his head. You feel his hot temperature against your lips.

"Y/n, don't let him influence you like that." Denise says with a frown.

"What can I do D," you say as a single tear falls out of your eye. 

You rush to the kitchen grabbing a bowl of iced water and a towel. You return back to Jude's side, placing a delicate kiss to his lips " baby, I've got to, please don't be upset with me." You say as you dip the towel in the water and begin to dab it on Jude's head.

Denise pulls the covers off of Jude and you begin to run the towel over his body. Jude shivers as he feels the cold water against his burning skin.

"Baby, please stop" Jude says as he holds onto your hand to stop you. "I've got to baby, I'm so sorry." You say holding onto your tears "you'll feel better when you cool down I promise."

"I.. I need a bucket." Jude says as he closes his eyes.

You get up to get one for him but he places his hand on you causing you to stop and look at him. "Not you, please stay with me, I need you." He says

You look up at Denise and she gets up to grab the bucket as soon as she comes back Jude grabs it out of her hands and throws up, only making his temperature worse and more intense.

You stroke the back of his neck reassuringly, letting him know he was going to be ok. You wipe his mouth and begin putting the cold towel over him once again.

After about 20 minutes of dabbing him with the wet towel, Jude's temperature began to settle.

He was strong enough to sit up by himself so you helped him adjust his position. "That was so random." Jude said trying to figure out where that sickness came from.

"You feeling alright now beautiful." You say stroking against his cheek.

"Yeah a bit better. Can I use the blanket now." He asked with puppy eyes.

"Don't ask me, I'm too weak, ask your mum." You say with a light laugh.

"I think you should be fine now." Denise says with a soft smile. "I don't mean to be strict but its what was best for you." She says

"I know D, I wish I was stronger when it comes to Jude." You say

"Noo, I like being spoilt." Jude says causing you all to laugh as you place a gentle kiss against his forehead, tucking him into his blanket once again.

...

Requested 🫶🏼