Jude ~ Caught Pt4

A/n: Hiiiiiiighly requested so here we go xx

...

"Dinner" you shouted at the bottom of the stairs calling your kids to come down to eat.

"Jude, be civil please." You said placing a kiss against his cheek as he stared blankly into the distance.

"I've never seen him like this" Denise said as she helped you put the dinner on the table.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do." You whispered to Denise and she gave you an agreeing look.

Your two boys rushed to the table ready for dinner, they sat down looked at the food excitedly.

"Smells sooooo nice mummy." Jacob said as he giggled.

"Can we eat" Jaylan said rubbing his hands together.

"You need to wait for your sister" you smiled at them sweetly as you played up their food.

"No, it's fine, you can eat boys." Jude said clicking back into reality.

The boys didn't need any more convincing and they immediately began tucking in.

"Jude, we never do that, we wait until everyone's at the table." You said with a frown on your face.

"Everyone is." Jude said as he took a bite of his meal.

You turned to Denise completely stunned by Jude's behaviour.

"Jude, that is enough." Denise said as she stood up from the table and walked towards the stairs.

"Jude you need to calm down, she's made a mistake, you've punished her, what more are you trying to achieve." You said audibly upset. Luckily the boys were too focused on their meal to pay any mind to your conversation.

A few moments later Denise reappeared with Jasmine under her arm, her eyes red as she timidly looked over at her dad.

Jude kept his eyes on his plate and continued to eat.

Jasmine immediately started crying again as she noticed Jude's cold expression.

"What's wrong?" Jaylan asked with confusion

"Nothing" Jasmine responded as she wiped her tears quickly.

"So, did you boys enjoy your day with grandma?" You asked trying to break the silence that filled the table.

"Yeah, we watched the game with uncle Jobe and grandad." Jaylan said with a smile.

"That sounds like fun darling." You smiled as you took a bite of your food.

"Next time can I come and watch you play with mum" Jaylan asked his dad with an excited smile.

"Of course you can" Jude said, perking up slightly for the benefit of his son.

"Darling eat your dinner please." You said to Jasmine as you noticed her untouched plate. Jude smile immediately dropped as he faced his plate once again.

Jasmine noticed and immediately started crying again, her soft sobs caught the attention of everyone at the table apart from Jude.

His jaw clenched as he fought his fatherly instinct to comfort his child.

Jasmine rushed up the stairs, leaving her plate and leaving everyone behind.

"Baby" you whispered softly as you took Jude's hand into yours. "You've got to sort this." You said rubbing his hand with your thumb.

"I'm so disappointed y/n." Jude shook his head.

"I know you are baby, but we've got try to move on." You said, Jude let out a deep sigh as he brought up your hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.