Chapter 66: Forgetful Shido

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"We are sorry, dear Sensei, it won't happen again."

In response to Hiratsuka's scolding, Shido and Mayuri bowed humbly.

The one making the phone call earlier was the same nosy teacher, but she was genuinely concerned for her students. Out of respect for her, the two decided to show up for the last period of the day.

Or rather, Marina encouraged them to, just like what Rinne suggested before.

The two class-skippers sat down at their seats, their shy actions made some students wonder about their relationship. You know, it was Shiori who showed up for class earlier, but now she had gone home, and was replaced by Shido. Despite that, Mayuri was familiar with both of them.

five minutes ago

....five minutes ago.....

"Ren just got beat up so badly, and her mental trauma being even worse, no way in hell could she recover and come back for more that fast!"

This was Marina's reasoning for making them go back to school.

Shido was not so optimistic, given how quickly that bad girl acted up again after him and Mukuro royally besting her. So Marina elaborated: "Also, it's better to show that you are continuing with your daily lives."

As her reasoning stated, this would hide the fact that they were taking actions against Ren or her behind-the-scenes bosses. It would make them think that they were just a bunch of fools who still wouldn't take training sessions for self-defense.

"Plus, this will be 'your' last day at school, so enjoy it while you can."

She specifically emphasized the pronoun "your", making Shido more confused.

But before he could ask why, Marina pushed him out of the household. Mayuri followed suit a second later.

"Merccccccccccccccy!!!!"

And then, he heard a beautiful high-pitch squeal from inside. As expected, that was from Miku...

RIP.

Shido gave condolences in his heart.

Maybe that was her real reason for kicking him out.

...back to the present...

Shido noticed a few gazes at him.

From his right, he could feel Nino Nakano, or more precisely, Miku Nakano in disguise, staring at him with adoring eyes; from his left, he could feel Yumiko Miura, the Queen Bee of the class, looking at him intently without emitting any sense of defeat.

In addition, Umaru Doma and Megumi Kato were secretly glancing at him while taking notes.

Why are they still interested, even with Mayuri around?