Chapter 1 - Amelia's POV

Todays my first day of senior year. I'm so excited (note the sarcasm)! At least I'll have summer, Anna, Grayson, and Jamie with me like every year.

   Jamie has been my best friend since we were five years old. He's always been there for me and is so sweet. Grayson has been our friend since 3rd grade when he moved here, and I may or may not have a tiny crush on him, but he doesn't need to know that.

The only person who knows is Jamie. I've only known summer and Anna since freshman year. They're both super nice and give the best advice.

   I yawn and stretch as I roll out of bed. I stumble into the bathroom and look in the mirror. My hair is in a lop-sided messy bun, my eyes are seriously droopy, and my shirt is all wrinkled.
  I brush my teeth and walk back into my room to get dressed for school. I put on some loose jeans and a cute white top and sit down to do my hair and makeup.

  Mascara, concealer, and lipgloss is really all the makeup I wear, not to much, but enough that I don't look like a zombie. I leave my hair down, not wanting to have to mess with it for an hour, and walk downstairs.

   I grab my backpack and make some toast and hash browns (my absolute favorite food) for breakfast. After I eat that I wait outside for Jamie, who usually drives me to school.

Ever since Jamie got his license - a day before me- he insisted on driving me everywhere, including school. I don't mind it though, because a lot of the time we don't have a lot of classes together. Jamie always pitches a fit over us not having classes together even though his house is, like, two minutes away from mine. Plus, he's at my house more than he's at his own.

   After about 10 minutes, he pulls into my driveway and I start walking towards the car. As soon as I near the car though, he jumps out and opens my door for me, then takes my backpack.

   He always does this, and I'm not sure why. Maybe he's just trying to be a gentleman. I buckle up and pull up Spotify on my phone while he gets in the car.

   He sits down and immediately says, "hello sunshine! You look so happy to be going to school this morning," with a huge grin on his face. Jamie has always loved going to school. Not sure why, but he does.

   "Yup, soooo happy," I say, dragging out the 'so' sarcastically.

   He rolls his eyes and starts driving as I put on our playlist for car rides. It mainly consists of Taylor swift, old 80's songs, and our favorite 2000's songs. 'King of my heart' starts playing, and we both immediately sing along.

   After 15 minutes of a song filled car-ride, me and Jamie pull up to the school. We look at each others schedules and have all classes together but business. 

"You've got to be kidding! Only 5 classes together," Jamie -being the drama queen he is- says with a frown.

"Jamie, that's all of them except for one, you'll be fine for an hour without me," I tell him, but he doesn't seem convinced, "Let's just go to our lockers," I say while skipping in front of him.

We make it to our lockers -that are right beside each other, per our request- and see Greyson there.

"Amelia!" Greyson says as he gives me a huge hug. Greyson was in Europe all summer with his family so we didn't see him at all.

"Grey!" I say with as he spins me around.

"So how has my favorite girl been doing?" He asks as slings his arm around my shoulder.

My cheeks blush and I respond, "Good. How about you?"

"Great now,"  he says.

We both look to my right when we hear a throat clear.

"I'm going to go to class, ami, I'll see you later," Jamie says before waking away.

He seems.. sad? He was just fine a second ago so what happened?

"Jamie, wait up," I say trying to catch up with him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, ami, I'm ok," he says with a small smile before waking away.

Authors note:
First chapter!!!
Jamie is a sweetheart dw guys 😊😊
12/20/23