Chapter 8 - Amelia's POV

Target.

The happiest place on earth. Well, in my opinion anyway. Jamie drove us to target and said we're having a shopping spree.

The first place I drag Jamie too, is the book section. I instantly see "Binding 13," a book I've been wanting to read since forever. I pick up the entire series and put it in the cart.

"Why are these books so long?" Jamie asks, inspecting them. "Who could possibly have that much to say?"

I simply rolled my eyes and went back to looking at the books.

I picked up about 4 more books before we moved to the check out. I start to pull out my wallet when I see Jamie already has his card out and is paying for my books.

"Jamie! I was going to pay for that, that's a lot of books," I tell him. Let's just say it wasn't cheap.

"Shhh," he said and took his card out of the reader.

He grabbed all the bags and we walked out of the store. "So, where do you wanna eat?" Jamie asked me.

"Hm, Texas Roadhouse?" If you don't know what Texas Roadhouse is, I feel sorry for you. Their rolls are the best.

We got in the car and drove to the restaurant. We got seated and started eating our rolls.

—————
"I'm so full I feel like I just ate a cow," I said after finishing all my food.

"Well technically..." Jamie trailed off and laughed when I glared at him.

I looked down when my phone buzzed.

Greyson :): want to go on another date Friday?

I didn't know what to say to that. I really did like Greyson, but how he acted on our last date annoyed me a little bit.

But... what's the harm in giving him a second chance?

Me: sure. Where at?

Greyson: that's a surprise ;) look cute tho... nvm you always do that...

The cheesiness of that made me giggle.

"Did you see another one of those book memes in TikTok?" Jamie asked me.

"No, I'm just talking to Greyson," I said laughing. His face fell slightly but he covered it up quickly. Weird.

"Oh, uhm... are you ready to go? I have to pick Emmie up from dance." He said.

"Yep! I'll come with you," I said getting out of the seat.

We got in the car and blasted our car playlist while driving to Emmie's dance studio. We arrived and got out of the car and went inside.

When we got inside Emmie was telling her dance teacher a story very animatedly.

All of a sudden she turns and sees me and Jamie. "Amelia!!!!" She screams running over and hugging me.

"Hi," I say laughing.

"Jamie, did you guys finally get married?!" Emmie asks. Uhm...

"Uh- no," Jamie says, his face turning pink. What's with all this weird behavior from these two?

———————-
Short chapter I'm sorry but! I'm posting another one soon🫶😍😊