Chapter 2 - Jamie's POV

As I'm sitting down in my seat in my first class of the day, I see the last person I want to see right now.

"Hey James," Greyson says as he sits next to me.

"That's not my name," I grumble and look away.

"What's up with you this morning?" He asks me.

Oh nothing, just the fact you were just flirting with the girl you know I've loved since kindergarten.

This summer, Amelia told me she had a crush on Greyson. Ever since then I just don't want to be around him. I know it's not his fault Amelia likes him, but it is his fault that he's flirting. But if he'll make her happy, then I won't intervene. I just want her to be happy. With me preferably, but alas.

Still doesn't mean I want to watch them flirt though.

"Nothing." I say and ignore him for the rest of the class period, and practically sprint to my next class when the bell rings.

I wanted to save me and Amelia seats in the back where she likes to sit.

As soon as I sit down, Amelia's friend summer comes running over.

"Hey Jamie!" She says with her voice that's like nails on a chalkboard.

I sigh, "Hello Summer," I don't like summer. She aggravates me to no end, and loves drama. And likes me. Ugh.

"Is someone sitti-"

"Yes." I say cutting her off. She should know by now I always sit with Ami.

"I don't see anyone sitting here though?"

Right on cue, Amelia walks in. I always lose my breath seeing her. She's just so beautiful. Her long brown hair, her green eyes, her full lips, and her freckles. I love her freckles.

I see her smile when she sees me and walk over.

"Now you see someone sitting here," I say to summer, "bye!" I say with a small wave as she stomps away.

"Hey," I say with a smile as I turn to her.

She laughs, "Hello, how was your first class?"

"Miserable," I say.

"You had Greyson with you didn't you?" She asks.

"Still miserable," I mumble.

"We'll I hope you day is better now," she says, Scrunching her nose and tapping mine, and I can't help but smile when she does.

Her smile is just so beautiful and contagious. It makes you feel like your floating.

After one more class, it's finally time for lunch.

Ami, Greyson, summer, Anna, and I all go outside to eat.

I sit next to Ami, and Anna sits next to her, and summer sits across from me and Greyson across from Amelia.

I lay my head in Amelia's lap and eat my food while everybody else converses. I just stare at Amelia the whole time.

"Amiiiiii," I say.

"Hm?" She looks down at me.

"My phones dead can I use yours?" I ask. I actually just want to take pictures of myself on her phone but no one has to know that.

"Sure," she says and hands me her phone with a smile and starts running her hands through my hair.

"Do you have practice tomorrow Ami?" I ask her. She cheers for our school. She has her whole life and she loves it. And I love watching her perform, it's perfect. There's just something about being able to hear her cheer while I'm playing that is just so motivating. She's also been thinking about trying out for competitive cheer, and I think she should. She's amazing at it.

"Nope. Tomorrow's Saturday, silly." She replies. Oh. I get my days mixed up sometimes, I guess.

"So, what time is y'all's game today?" Anna asks.

"7:00," Greyson says.

"Tonight is jersey night, right? You get to wear someone's jersey, Amelia," Summer says, raising her eyebrows. Summer tries out for cheer every year but never makes it. Sucks to suck I guess.

"Yep," she says as she continues to play with my hair.

"Whose jersey are you wearing?" Anna asks.

"I don't know, I'll figure it out later." Amelia replies.

"Do you want to-" before I can even finish asking her to wear my jersey, the toad on the other side of the table opens his mouth.

"Want to wear my jersey tonight Amelia?"

Excuse me?

I open my eyes and sit up so fast, I hit my head on the table.

Authors note
| no posts |
Erm that's not good!!!
Btw, Grayson and Jamie play American football and basketball, but you won't see any basketball stuff till later in the book!!
12/21/23