Chapter 6 - Amelia's POV

I woke up in the middle night when I heard shuffling. I look over and see Jamie tossing and turning.

"Jamie? Are you awake?" I whisper, trying not to wake the others up.

I wait for an answer but he doesn't.

"Jamie?" I say and poke him. He abruptly opens his eyes and hugs me.

I feel him breathing heavy and rub my hand up and down his back.

"What's wrong?" I whisper. I feel tears after I say that. "Come on," I say and get him to stand up and take him upstairs to my room.

We sit down on my bed and I ask him again. "What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare about him," he said in between sniffles. I knew he was taking about his dad,  because this has happened before.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him. Sometimes he talks about it and sometimes he doesn't.

"No," he said, slightly shaking his head.

"Okay. Do you want to go back downstairs?" I asked him.

He just shrugged.

"Do you want to get a snack?"

"Yeah," he said with a slight smile.

We get up and walk downstairs. We open the pantry and grab a bag of chips and sit in the dining room.

We sat in silence and ate our chips for a while.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Jamie asked me. I sighed. I don't know why I was so scared to tell Jamie about Greyson and I's hangout/date. It's not like he would mind.

"Um, Greyson and I are hanging out. It might be a date." I say with a smile and look over at him.

His face remained passive. "Oh. Um, that's nice."

"Yeah we're going to eat lunch after everybody leaves tomorrow."

He nods. "Cool. I think I, um, I'm going to back to bed," he said and went back to living room.

I put the chip bag back into the pantry and walked back to the living room.

Jamie was already laying down on the mattress when I walked in. I sat down and looked at him.

"You're my best friend Amelia. You know that?" He said randomly.

I threw me off a bit at first. Of course I knew I was his best friends, or always just assumed I guess. The way he said it though, made my stomach flip. In a good way.

"Yeah, of course I know that. You're my best friend too," I told him.

He just smiled and closed his eyes. I continued to look at him then turned around after a few minutes. I felt creepy just staring at him while he slept.

When I turned around, Jamie put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. He put his head in my neck and just laid there.

I felt more peaceful, relaxed, with his arm around me. I suddenly wanted to stay like this forever.

After a few minutes, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to a pretty much empty house, with the expecting of Jamie and Greyson. I saw a note next to my mattress that read,

Went to get breakfast. See u at school girlie!
-summer & anna

Oh. I would've liked to go to breakfast. But oh well. Suddenly I remembered about Greyson and I's date. I tried to sit up but couldn't. I turned my head and looked at Jamie.

"Jamie," I whispered. "Jamie move your arm I have to get up."

"Mmmmfkjfjfidksjej."

"What? English please."

"I don't wanna get up." He said like a toddler. I groaned.

"Fine." He said.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

I got up and ran to my bathroom. I took a shower, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I got out of the shower and put on leggings and loose hoodie. I wanted to be comfortable. I put on socks and ran downstairs.

I saw Jamie sitting on the couch when I got downstairs, and Greyson was still asleep.

"Where did you go?" Jamie asked.

"To get dressed," I said walking to the kitchen. He followed close behind.

I stopped in front of the pantry and looked through it.

He hugged me from behind and rocked us side to side.

"What are you doing?" I said with a giggle.

"Hugging you."

I grabbed a granola bar and walked to the fridge. He walked with his arms around me. I grabbed a bottle of water and walked back to the living room.

We sat down on the couch and he layer his head on my shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" I asked Jamie.

"No, why?" He answered.

"I dunno, you're just being clingier than usual, that's all."

"Oh," he said leaning off me. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, it wasn't meant to be bad thing." I said with a smile. Jamie needed reassurance a lot. He often felt like he was a burden, but I didn't mind reminding him that he wasn't.

"Okay."

"Good morning buckos," Greyson said from his mattress.

"Oh hey," I said with a smile and I felt Jamie sigh.

"I think I'm gonna go home Amelia, I'll see you later." Jamie stood up and grabbed his keys.

"You sure? My mom will be up soon and she was wondering if you wanted to make cupcakes?" I asked him. My mom and Jamie both love to bake.

"Let me know when she's up, I need a shower. Bye," he said walking out.

"So," Greyson started. "Where should we for lunch?"

"Let's eat Mexican!" I said. You can never be unhappy in a Mexican restaurant.

"Alright, come on." He said grabbing his keys.

I got up, grabbed my phone, and followed him.
_____
I decided to put the date into a separate chapter soo yeah🫶🥳