𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

When we finally got back to our neighborhood, I let Bella know I was going to run by my house across the street to grab a few necessities I felt I needed for the night. My toothbrush, phone charger, a pair of pajamas, clean clothes to change into the following day, and anything else I thought I needed so I wouldn't have to go back over to my place until the next day.

My mother was still up surprisingly, and we talked briefly before I left to go to Bella's. Naturally, she was ecstatic about Bella and I's sleepover, namely because she wanted nothing more than for us to be friends since the day Bella returned to her dad's home from Phoenix.

I figured it was likely because of how much my mother fancied Bella's chief of police father who was also our neighbor, though that odd detail did not matter much to me at that point — I felt that my mother was genuinely thankful overall that I found a friend in Bella, and I felt grateful as well for the friendship we had; no matter the strange events that have happened to us ever since we both moved here.

After telling my mom goodnight, I walked back across the empty street to Bella's, holding a mini duffel bag of my things over my shoulder.

Once I went up to the porch, I gently knocked on the door — I feared me just freely walking in without a warning would be impolite.

Not even a minute went by when Bella opened the front door, and told me to come in, saying I didn't need to knock next time. She then led me upstairs to where her room was located so I could sit my bag down and get situated.

Her bedroom faced out towards the front yard, similar to how mine was, except her room was painted a vibrant bluish-green shade, old drawings, art crafts, and photographs were plastered on a few corners of the walls, and she even had a small wooden computer desk in the corner of her room with an old laptop placed on it.

After Bella showed me where to sit my bag in her room, I took out my cotton pajamas and went to her bathroom to change. Once I did that, I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put my hair up in a ponytail before going back to Bella's room.

When I walked back in, Bella had changed into a long sleeve sleep shirt and comfy sweatpants. She was also scrolling through her laptop on her bed, and looking through what looked to be the same book she purchased at that bookstore in Port Angeles.

"Hey, you never told me what book you bought earlier," I commented, shutting her door behind me.

"Oh, um," Bella paused, clearing her throat. "It's just a book about different kinds of legends." She seemed to try and be dismissive about it, leaving me confused.

"What type of legends?" I asked, feeling intrigued.

"Just... legends about the Quileutes." She added hesitantly.

"Quileutes?" I repeated. "You mean the same tribe that Jacob and Skylar are a part of?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "I was just curious to see if there were any more stories and legends about their tribe."