𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I woke up later than usual the following day, still eager to know if Alice had heard anything regarding the tracker.

Sadly, they hadn't. Edward and the others were supposed to arrive in Phoenix by the end of the day, and all we could do was wait around until then.

The majority of the day was spent in the hotel room on the couch watching the television. I did scroll through my laptop on Myspace for a bit as well, though quickly grew bored and went back to watching the TV.

Luckily there were a few board games in one of the drawers of the coffee table that Bella and I decided to play, yet we had gone through them all after less than a few hours and had to rely on the TV again to keep us distracted during this stressful time.

I didn't even realize that I had drifted off to sleep while watching an action movie we chose to turn on after playing cards, and napped for a good few hours while Alice stayed by my side on the sofa.

When I woke up, Bella was now reading a book she had brought with her that we were currently reading in English, and Jasper and Hazel were sitting across from each other at a smaller table by the dining area playing checkers.

I stayed awake and continued watching the rest of the movie with Alice. Soon after the movie ended, Alice let us know that we'd be checking out of the hotel around five, which is when Edward and the rest should be here to get Bella to take her elsewhere.

It was nearing closer to four when Bella and I decided to pack our things early and make sure we had our belongings together so we didn't have to rush later to pack. While we did that, Alice let me know she was taking a quick shower, and that Jasper and Hazel left to go shopping to buy a few more things for the road before we had to leave in an hour.

Bella and I stayed in my room talking while I finished packing, as Bella was already finished. In the middle of our discussion, her phone began ringing abruptly. She excused herself and rushed out of the room to answer it away from me — she figured it was likely her worried mother wondering where she was.

A few minutes later as I was finishing folding my clothes to put in my bag, I heard a gentle knock on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I said.

The door creaked open slightly, revealing Alice on the other side.

Her dark spiky hair was still damp from her shower, and she was covered in a grey bathrobe that went over her outfit, revealing her slim, angelic legs underneath. Admiring her gave me a slight pang of jealousy, as I wished that I looked that alluring after taking a shower.

Who was I kidding though, Alice always looked enchantingly beautiful at every given moment.

"Is it okay if I come in?" She kindly asked.