One

Chapter One:

Money.
Power.
Fame.
Brains.
Success.

The Xenders never lacked on any of those. The most powerful in all of Odar. The city can be tucked in between their fingers and be crushed with little to no effort. One thing though, they don't trust police. No one knows why they do and no one dared question it. Ang Xender ay mayroong sariling task force that was meticulously chosen to have the best of the best. 24/7 security. Walang lalapit sa kanila na hindi sumasala sa masinsinang inspeksyon ng Xender task force.

Their strict rules also makes it impossible to find a willing match that would put up with all of that. Kaya madalas ay nauuwi sa arranged marriage ang bawat Xender and Pyrion Xender is no exception.

"Mama, we talked about this. Marie is a spoiled bitch and I would never put up with her." Kalmadong pagpapaliwanag ni Pyrion sa kanyang ina habang masinsinang binabasa ang mga reports na hiningi niya kanina sa kanyang mga tauhan.

"Language. You're 28 years old, Pyrion! Way past the appropriate age for marriage! Anak naman, when will you settle down? I need more apo in my life." Nagpapa awang wika ng sopistikadang ginang sa kanyang anak.

Alondra Laurel Xender is what they call a wine like beauty. Better with age. At the age of 59, her features became more defined and delicate. Her eyes are wise and her smile is alluring. A true beauty.

"There's always adoption, Mama." Walang pagdadalawang isip na sagot ni Pyrion sa kanyang ina na siyang naman ikinalungkot ng mga mata ng ginang.

"I worry about you, son. The rumors is not making it any better." Malumanay niyang ani.

Pyrion sighed at his mother's antics. He was no oblivious to the rumors. Bilang isa sa mga bachelor of Odar, it was no shock na maraming babae, whether from higher status or not, ang naghahabol sa kanya at gustong kuhanin ang kanyang atensyon. But he paid them no mind which sparked the rumors about him liking the same gender. It never bothered him, but clearly his mother is.

"You have it your way mother. Just don't let me see that Marie ever again." He watched his mother's features brighten with his words which he appreciates secretly. Masayang tumayo ang ginang at mabilis na nagpa alam sa kanya. Pyrion was left alone inside his office with a pile of paper he needs to review.

He was just finishing up his paper works when his secretary knocked on his office door which he called out to come in.

"Sir, the madam asked me to clear your schedule for Saturday and Sunday." He said while standing in front of his table. "I was told to make sure you have your hair cut and a new suit ordered." Pagdagdag pa nito habang nagtitipa sa ipad na hawak nito.

Pyrion sighed and rubbed his temple with his thumb. "Have I got any important meetings on those day?" He asked, leaning back to his chair. Iniikot niya ang upuan niya paharap sa full length glass window, looking down at the busy street of Odar.

"You have lunch with Miss Quizon on Saturday and a departmental meeting on Sunday." Sagot ng kanyang sekretarya. Marie Quizon is a perfect definition of spoiled brat. Sa isang beses na napilit siya ng kanyang ina to have dinner with the woman, she outwardly showed her spoiled attitude. After that, ginusto na nito na palaging bumibisita sa opisina niya and publicly claiming him as hers. Nakakapangilabot. Fucking obssessive woman.

"Cancel the lunch and reschedule the meeting. I'll leave the suit the hair appointment to you." He said while standing up from his chair. He shrugged on his coat after he shut down his computer and picked up some important documents from his table. "Text me the details. I'll go ahead."