Four

Chapter Four:

Pyrion

"Good morning, darling. Had a good night?" I gave my mother a kiss on her hairline bago umupo sa upuan ko sa tabi niya. The usual Xender breakfast is served on the table.

"I did, Mother. Father." I nod towards my Father who is sipping his coffee. My Mother beamed at me, her pearly whites on full display.

"What do you think of the Monter heiress, Pyrion?" My Father's gruff voice asked me as I take some toasts.

"She's... interesting to say the least. Polite and well mannered." and damn too alluring.

My Mother quirked an amused brow at my statement. Sa dinami rami ng mga date na inarrage niya para sakin, this is the first time I said something nice towards the other. Well, I could bad mouth Aila, but that would contradict the attraction I feel towards her.

Until then, Mr. Xender.

God, that voice paired with her smile, it's driving me to insanity and to tranquility at the same time. She's a kind of force that's gonna be hard to pull away from.

"And how about our.. security? How does she take it?" It was my Mother who answered his question.

"I heard no complaint from her when I visited her firm. She's compliant and understanding." Her pleased smile makes it clear now na gusto niya si Aila. Not only as a person, but also as a potential daughter-in-law. I'm not opposed to the idea somehow. Hindi ko makapa sa sarili ko ang normal na iritasyong nararamdaman ko sa tuwing napaguusapan ang ganoong klaseng usapan.

"I know you like her, Tesoro. I want our son's words for this." Father's voice turned soft addressing Mother. He turned his eyes back to me, silently urging me to speak.

"I never heard her complain. Never showed indication of irritation or of being hassled. She puts up just well." I said truthfully. I took a bite of my buttered toast while waiting for him to reply.

"Rogelio told me that his daughter showed no signs on taking over their company." He said while cutting his sausages.

"That is her decision to make, though she is more than capable on living on her own with the profession she has. Still a waste if the Monter company falls to incompetent hands." Father leaned back to his chair with a satisfied glint in his eyes.

"He does need competent hands - like yours." His words struck me shock. The Monter never showed any problems within their company. Wala ring pag aagawan ng posisyon dahil nag iisang anak lamang si Aila. To say that the Monter company might end up on my hands one day is bizzare. Very bizzare.

"What are you insinuating, Father?" my brows furrowed. Magkaibigan ang aking Ama at si Mr. Monter, close friends at that, for this to be betrayal. We would never get ahold of the company unless... oh no.

"Roberto and I decided that a union between our family is in place. Besides, who else should he trust with his company if not his daughter? If not us?" If not you. The underlying meaning is there.
Shit.

"I have invited them for dinner next week, darling. You have plenty of time to know more of Aila." My Mother's sweet voice said.