Two

Chapter Two:

Odar is a very beautiful city with tall buildings. Very well kept clean and is crowded, very crowded. Despite the busy street, Karson Architectural Firm is somewhat peaceful with occasional clients asking for their appointments in the front desk. Kaya ganun nalang ang gulat ng mga tao nang may tatlong sasakyan ang huminto sa harap ng building, bearing the logo of Xenders.

People were looking and whispering on who is inside the car. It was no shock that eight men came out from the two cars infront and at the back saka pinaligiran ang gitnang sasakyan. Xender is very strict at their security especially with the main family. Two more men came out from the middle car saka nila binuksan ang pinto ng backseat. There came out Alondra Xender in her green dress and high heels that were simple, but not enough to pass as cheap. Her eyes looked up at the firm before giving a small smile at the crowd that formed around her and her guards.

"We have sent two men in advance. The building is clear, ma'am." Sabi ng isa sa kanyang guard sa mababang boses to avoid being heard by other people. Marahan nilang ginabayan papasok ang ginang hanggang marating nila ang front desk. The woman behind the desk stood up to greet the very important person that entered their building.

"Welcome to Karson Architectural Firm. My name's Mady, how may I help you?" The receptionist said with her professional smile. Sinagot naman ito ng ginang ng sarili niyang ngiti.

"I'm here for Architect Aila Monter." Matamis na sabi nito.

"Of course. Do you have an appointment?"

"Unfortunately no." The older woman said in an apologetic voice.

"Well, let me check if Architect Monter has any appointment today." Mabilis na nagtipa ang receptionist sa kanyang computer while Alondra waited patiently despite knowing that Aila doesn't have any appointments. "Architect Monter is free for today, but I cannot let you up unless you have appointment. My apologies. The best I can do for you today is call her office and see if she is willing to come down to greet you."

"That would be great. Please tell her that Alondra Xender is here to talk." The receptionist agreed and stepped a little away to the telephone.

"This is front desk, can I please speak to Architect Monter?

Okay.

Architect, I have Mrs. Alondra Xender in the lobby waiting for you.

Understood.

You're welcome." Nang maibaba nito ang telepono ay agad itong humarap sa ginang.

"Architect Monter will be here shortly. She will meet you at the private lounge." The young woman stepped out from the front desk to guide the Xender madam. Pero bago paman siya makalapit dito ay hinarangan na siya ng dalawang body guard ng ginang.

"Um, please follow me. I'll lead you to the room." Ginabayan niya ang ginang at mga body guard nito papunta sa hindi kalayuang private lounge. Pagkabukas nito sa pinto ay naunang pumasok ang dalawang body guard sa silid to check if there's anything dangerous inside. Nang tumango ang dalawang lalaki mula sa loob ay saka lamang pumasok ang ginang.

"Please feel free to help yourself with anything inside. Do you need more of me?" Pagtanong ng receptionist. Umupo si Alondra sa sofa saka eleganteng pinatong ang kanyang kanang binti sa kanyang kaliwang binti. Alondra briefly roamed her eyes around the modernly designed room. Four seater sofas ay nakapwesto na magkaharap. A refrigerator and a small counter on the far right. A fresh flower sat on the table in the center with minimal things beside it. The far left wall was decorated with photos of the old and new building of the firm.

"No more. Thank you." Wika ng ginang sabay ngiti muli ng matamis na siyang sinuklian naman ng receptionist.

"A pleasure. I'll take my leave."