50k Bonus Chapter 54

Tae didn't know anything about the strange man in front of him, but he liked how he smelled. The mean man that kept him in the cage didn't smell nice, he smelled like that drink that came from the brown bottles. "Food?" That made Tae perk up, that was a good word; food meant his tummy would stop hurting. 

The nice man fed him apples and pet him. He spoke to him softly, he never wanted this to end. But of course, it did. The mean man that always hurt him came. But the nice man protected him, he saved him and Tae knew right then and there that he would follow that man until the ends of the Earth. 

Hobi was his name; he taught Tae how to speak correctly, and how to eat like a human. Even how to wear clothes, he didn't like clothes but apparently, it was necessary when they were around humans. He also had to bathe regularly, which seemed like a hassle but he did it since it made Hobi happy. So he cleaned himself with the soap and cold water just to see that sunshine smile. 

But what he didn't understand is that Hobi never went outside during the day, like ever. The windows were always covered, and he never seemed to eat the food that he insisted Tae eat. It made no sense if he wanted Tae to be such a normal and good human; why did he not do those things as well?

So one day he decided to follow him. He woke up in the middle of the night and Hobi wasn't there. That was nothing new; it was quite a normal occurrence at this point, if Tae was being honest. But he was sick of it, he wanted to know what the man did in the middle of the night so that he could tell Tae about it. So he gathered his outside clothes and went to find him.

It was a dark and dingy alley, and what he saw scared him as much as it intrigued him. Hobi had another man pressed against the wall. It caused something to stir low in his gut, like arousal and jealousy. Hobi was his and his alone, a quiet and soft growl left his lips. He'd been so good here lately. No slip-ups for well over a month, he'd been a perfect human, but suddenly seeing Hobi with another man brought the animal out of him.

Hobi whipped around. He had blood over his mouth, his Tae was here and he was growling again. He had regressed back to his pup form, but he couldn't think about that right now. He had to get him out of there before someone found them. Vampires were hated, and he couldn't have Tae hate him or worse get caught up in this mess.

"Tae, hey, it's just me," Hobi whispered as he approached the growling man before him. "What are you doing here?"

"You left me again," the younger pouted, "you always leave; I don't like it."

Hobi chuckled a bit, "I'm sorry, I was hungry."

Tae's eyes darted from Hobi's lips to the man who was slumped over on the ground. "And that's how you eat?" Hobi nodded his head softly; Tae was very very sheltered. He may not even know what a vampire was. The human scrunched up his nose a bit, "it seems disgusting honestly and not very hygienic. You fuss about me bathing every day, but he looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks."

He wasn't wrong, it was easier to find victims that no one would miss. And a drunk that lived on the streets wouldn't have a family at home waiting for him. "You are better than him. Come on, let's get home."

"Fine but I have lots of questions."

And boy, did he have lots of questions, so many that by the time he was done, the sun was up and it took everything in Hobi to even keep his eyes open anymore. He was just tired. All he wanted to do was sleep. But he promised Tae that he would answer anything the younger asked. So he stayed awake and answered them all. No he couldn't turn into a bat. Yes, he could eat food but he didn't need to. He could go out in the sun for very short bursts, but eventually, it would kill him since he hadn't been a vampire long. But the longer he's a vampire, the longer he'd be able to tolerate the sun. No, he will not turn Tae no matter how much he begs.

That one got the human to stop asking questions and to pout on his bed, which both made the vampire happy and sad. Happy that the questions stopped because he really was exhausted and sad because he didn't like Tae to be sad. Even more so when it was him who caused it. 

It took several years of Tae asking daily even to get Hobi to think about it. He didn't want to ruin his life was always the excuse, to which Tae would shoot back, but you saved my life. The day that he was turned it was a day that Tae will never forget because not only is it the day that Hobi made him a vampire, but it's also the first time they ever made love.

It was painful, the turning, but once it was over, it was like he was experiencing everything a million times over. A simple touch was more than a touch to him. He looked at Hobi with stars in his eyes and all but pounced on him. Their lips crashed together, it was sloppy, he had absolutely no idea how to kiss. He chuckles to himself every time he thinks back on it. It was more puppy-like than human-like. He did more licking than anything, but as always Hobi was kind and patient with him and taught him.

He'll never regret being turned, he'll never regret even being taken when he was younger because it got him Hobi and then eventually the others and then Carson. They are his family, his loves, and he's happy, in and out of pup space. 

A/N I hope you are enjoying getting some of the guys backstories! This one was fun and hard to write. I didn't want to go too much into Tae's abuse, because I love Tae Tae too much. He's just too precious, but his love is just so pure. Anyhoo, thanks for the 50k reads!