𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

CHRISTMAS EVE HAD FINALLY ARRIVED at Hogwarts and Genevieve had managed to make it through the final week of lessons for that term. The four that had remained at Hogwarts had bid farewell to Peter who had been alone to travel back down to London on the Hogwarts Express for Christmas.

Genevieve currently sat in the far corner of the common room late that morning, not bothering with breakfast in the Great Hall as she scribbled down her letter to her father, as well as wrapping her own Christmas present she had gotten for him. She knew James' owl would get to her home just starting Christmas morning.

She had tried remembering everything to write to her father. The pranks they had pulled, the activities they had done, what she had learned in lessons and reminding him that she still despised Astronomy. She explained how she had been helping Sirius with growing hair, including pictures of herself and friends for him to see what they had been up to, knowing her father would appreciate it.

She still had the feeling of guilt in her stomach at not being there for Christmas. This would be her first time away for Christmas, her father having to celebrate alone. Although he had insisted that he would be fine, she couldn't help the overwhelming feeling that she was abandoning him.

She wiped a few stray tears away as she signed off her letter with some Gaelic as Sirius came into sight. He had seen the girl wipe away her tears, his eyes softened at the sight. The girl had hated crying in front of them, or them ever being aware that she had been crying, but at times it wasn't difficult to tell.

Sitting down across from her quietly, he heard her sigh in disappointment. "You okay, Evie?" She jumped slightly, having not noticed the boy across from her. "And don't try to lie to me, you know you're terrible when it comes to little ol' me." He joked making her smile small.

"It's jus'..." She sighed again. "Even though ma Da has sai' it's okay I'm 'ere for Christmas, I cannae help but feel like, I aban'on him in some way." She explained. "It's ma firs' Christmas withoo' him an' I didnae ken how he'll be. He's gonna be all alone."

Sirius tilted his head. "What about your mother?" He asked. Genevieve's back straightened stiffly. "It's just, you never mention anything about her."

Genevieve shook her head, slumping down slightly. "Okay, bu' ya can nae'er tell anyone, even Jamie an' Remi or Pete." Sirius nodded. "Ma ma, she lef' ma Da an' I when I were a bairn, three to be exac'." She explained. "Jus' one day walke' oo', nowt more than a no'e sayin' she were nae'er comin' back." She explained. "I nae'er talk aboo' her cause she ha'nae been aroun' for nine years."

Sirius' eyes widened at the explanation. "I didnae 'member anythin' aboo' her, excep' tha' she always call me Eve. It's why I ha'e it so much, cause all I ken aboo' when someone calls me it, is the woman tha' lef' ma Da an' me." She added further. "All I 'ave to 'member her is a pho'o o' us all when I were a wee bairn."