Prologue

"Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is our hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so we thought.Don't worry you're about to meet us but first this happened"

A brown haired hazel eyed teen stared at an isolated forgotten island in deep thought.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" King Adam, his father boomed and the soon to be king, Ben, diverted his attention to his parents with a nervous smile.

"He's turning 16, dear." Belled said fondly, grabbing a discarded blue jacket.

"Hey, pops" He greeted nervously.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42" Adam retorted to his wife.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28" Belle stated with a small glare and slightly hit her husband with the blue jacket.

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot" King Adam joked and Belle's eyes narrowed."Kidding" He said, wrapping her arms around her and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Mom, dad" Ben started, clearing his throat to grasp some courage.

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance... to live here in Auradon" King Adam stared at his son in surprise. Belled dropped the jacket she had started to fold in surprise."Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned" Ben continued quickly.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" King Adam said in disapproval.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben explained trying to convince his parents to see reason.

"Have you?" His father said in anger. Belle placed a calming hand on his shoulder.

"I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?"

"Hans Westergaard" Beast face dropped slightly "Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... and Maleficent" That's when the king blew up in anger.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here!" Ben pleaded to his father"

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes" Yelled in frustration at his son's insistence to bring dangerous people into their land.

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? What about Hans' daughter? Don't you think she deserves to live a life that should have been hers anyways?" The Beast stayed silent. "Dad?"

"I suppose their children are innocent" He took a deep breath and glanced through the window towards the Isle. "There is no proof that Han's daughter is the one, it's only speculation" He then sighed and walked away.

"Well, well done" Belle said proudly with a small smile to her only son. She met her husband at the door and interlocked their arms. It seems they have a few calls to make.