Chapter 10

Mal was planning to give Ben the love cookie during the afternoon and I was supposed to meet them at Mal's locker. I remained in my dorm considering afternoon classes were canceled for the game and I was doing my best to avoid Elias without letting Kailani, Melody or Ruby notice. I didn't want to talk about my weird, definitely unwelcomed feelings. Ruby left our shared dorm earlier to prepare for the game since she was a cheerleader. A knock sounded out and I looked at the door in confusion.

I opened the door and was met with a stack of books and a hand holding a bouquet of red carnations. I saw blonde hair peeking out and immediately knew who it was.

"Elias" I stared with wide eyes as he walked past me and placed the books on the floor.

"I'm sorry" He stated once he catched his breath and offered me the bouquet. I stared at him in confusion, gingerly taking the beautiful flowers.

"For what?"

"For yesterday, I clearly did something to make you uncomfortable and today you were avoiding me so I figured I should apologize and since you left without taking the books I brought them to you" Despite myself, I smiled slightly.

"You didn't do anything wrong"

"I didn't, then why did you leave abruptly?" He frowned at me, looking down at me curiously.

"Evie had wanted my help with homework and I forgot that she asked me too" I lied and he nodded but there was still doubt in his eyes.

"Oh, then why did you avoid me today?" He raised an eyebrow and I shook my head.

"I wasnt" Lying is second nature to me but the way he was staring at me now felt as though I wasn't good at it.

"It sure felt like you did" He ran his gloved hand through his hair, still visibly upset.

"That wasn't my intention I- why are you wearing your gloves" I changed the subject abruptly, unable to stop myself.

"Precaution" Elias stated simply, shrugging.

"I thought yesterday proved that you didn't have to wear them" I frowned in disapproval.

"One good day, doesn't change anything" Elias stared at me and we locked eyes.

"Maybe it should" I breathed quietly.

"You don't know me, don't pretend that you do" Elias stated defensively.

"Neither do you " My heart spoke before my brain could catch up.

"Maybe we should start" I stopped breathing as he stepped closer to me, his bold words making him much more attractive.

"I'll make you a deal, you stop wearing the gloves around me and practice controlling your powers. Every time I'll tell you something new" I, again, didn't think before I spoke.

"Why is using my powers important to you?" He questioned, scanning my face curiously before focusing on my eyes.

"Because I know what it's like to hide a part of yourself" 'I really do have a foot in my mouth' I didn't understand why I cared so much. The only people I've allowed myself to care for were my family and my friends. Elias was neither.

"Something new every time?" Elias peered at me.

"Yes, I'll tell you whatever you want to know" Hera help me this boy is like a siren, making me say things without letting me think.

"Fine, we start right now" He took his gloves off and sat down on the floor, staring at me expectantly. I took a moment to recover before I sat down in front of him.