02| The Weapon

Illyana's POV

BANG

THUMP

The sound of muffled yelling awoke me from my slumbered state. Confusion racked my brain as I tried to comprehend what was happening up stairs.

Another thump echoed through the house slightly shaking the floor above me. I knew what that normally meant. The banging screaming, usually it meant, either Sarah, or one of the boys had gotten into a fight with Daniel. Which always lead to him, relieving his anger in the basement...

Knowing what was coming, I braced myself. Pulling myself up into his corner. Pulling my knees up and holding my arms over doing my best to protect my already damaged ribs.

Bracing myself for the worst I did my best to steady my breathing.

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in—

BANG

The sound of a gun rippled through the air. My heart dropped into my stomach, feeling a gasp leave my mouth as the air was sucked from my lungs. He has a gun. The only thought plaguing my mind. How was I to defend myself? How do I  protect myself now? Oh god. Am I going to die?

I was so lost in sheer panic I didn't even realise there were footsteps getting closer. As the fear rose up, I could feel the world around me go numb as it was getting harder and harder to breathe. All I could feel was the wetness on my cheeks and ache of my lungs from the lack of oxygen.

The handle of the door started to creak as it turns, I felt my whole body go stiff. My heart skipped a beat as it tried to stay silent. As the heavy footsteps got closer the room began to spin. I couldn't bring myself to look up, I didn't want to see his sinister smirk or the unhinged glee he held in his eyes and I certainly couldn't bear to see the cold metal weapon he'd be wielding.

My vision finally taking effect because of the lack of breathing, starts to get spotty as everything starts blurring. I could feel his presence in front of me just before everything went blank. And just before I lose all sense of reality I could have sworn I heard him utter these words.

You're ok, Everything is going to be ok.
——

3rd POV

A slightly middle-aged man stands in front of the front door of a very average looking house. Standing there adjusting his shirt, he prepares himself for what's to come. Upon entering the house. He takes note of his surroundings and his company.

Two men around his age, one with an overly friendly yet creepy attitude and the other my gruff with his arm around a more worn down woman. The other side of the room was another middle-aged lady sprawled out on the couch. Finally the man himself, the owner of the house Daniel.

"Evan! Welcome join the regulars," Daniel boasted loudly, as the whole room went silent as they noticed the newcomer.

He had met Daniel a few weeks prior to this day. Introducing himself as the new neighbour when running into him in the local bottle shop. Knowing full well, his mission was to attend one of Daniel's "famous" house get-togethers. He had decided to approach Daniel with the same attitude he imagined Daniel would act himself. Upon realising how Narcissistic Daniel was he realised he was a shoe in already.

The kind man sat himself down between the weird group of friends. I know before long the small group began to jeer and banter loudly amongst themselves. He wondered why this trashy group of friends had no alcohol or snacks around, especially based on how much he had watched Daniel purchase at their first encounter.

Almost as if answering his question, his heart dropped when he saw a little mousy brown hair girl push through the doors of what he could only imagine was the kitchen. The girl couldn't be no more than 13 years old. 10 even, he thought just by looking at the poor girl, beers and food in hand.

Evan had felt a new found fear was over him as he watched this little angel bustle around the dowdy fools. There was never a child mentioned, never once was this small child mentioned. Not in the conversation between Daniel or the case files of the operation.

The undercover detective noticed the way the young girl flinched at certain movements of the men and he felt his jaw clench tighter as he had to restrain himself from jumping Daniel when he grabbed and yelled and the poor doe eyed girl.

As some time went by, the girl brought out more and more drinks. Just as she was about to bring out the next round, Evan noticed she froze. Digging her heels into the ground she had registered a look from the host and scurried away quickly.

Daniel had tipped off the girl with a serious look, and Evan had realised it was about to go down. Looking at his watch, he sat up readying himself.

Daniel the king idiot himself had left the room, with the company getting more riled up and excited. Re-entering the room with a giant silver tray with what could only be described as a substance as white as snow.

"Rightio!" Evan clapped his hands together. The signal. About 55 armed men and women, all part of a cleverly constructed swat team, surrounded the house at every exit ready to burst in at any second.

"You are aware that's illegal right?" Evan taunted ever so slightly. The whole group looked at him like he had grown three heads.

"Oh god, you didn't invite some kind of loser narc have you?" Marcus bellowed, earning a glare from Daniel himself.

"I can assure you I'm no loser," Evan smiled widely with slight jest as he held up his badge with a gun pointing straight at the perpetrators.

"But I will say; You're under arrest," he smirked. Idiotically Daniel flips the tray of goods and bolts through the house, leaving his friends to fend for themselves in shock, including his own wife.

Right, on cue the SWAT team storms through every entrance.

"They always run. Don't they?" Evan asks the officer adjacent to him as he shook his head and tutted.

The group put up a little bit of a fight, but not much seeing how outnumbered they were, and how intoxicated they were. As for Daniel, they caught him quite easily seeing the dumbass himself had run straight up to his room and hidden inside the closet.

Just before Evan was about to celebrate his success in the arrest, he realised there was one more thing he had to do. Or more like one more person he needed to see.

Finding his way around the house, he followed the door he saw the young girl leave through. Following the corridor down a lead to a doorway, which led to an old set of creaky stairs to the basement. Upon entering the room he could feel his heart break as he saw the small girl shaking violently in fear balled into the corner. Taking site of the rest of the room he could see the small mattress, and one or two things of her belongings.

It was clear by the state of the room that she had been living down there for quite some time. He could feel tears behind his eyes as he approached the little one, on the verge of a breakdown. He vowed to take her away from this horrible place and never let her return.

As she fainted, he carefully wrapped his arms around her, picking her up like she was a piece of delicate glass.

He promised himself he would find this girl the best most loving and caring home he possibly could.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heyy Guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Ik it's a slow start but I swear i'll get the the brothers very soon!

Thoughts on Evan? Do we like him?