Witchcraft During Soundcheck

HAY GURL HOW YA DOIN.

JUST STOPPING BY TO SAY HELLO AND POST A CHAPTER. YEH DAZ COOL.

______________________________________________________________

Cameron Appleton

          The next day, Thursday, I was woken up by a call from Jenna, Juliette’s outfit designer. Apparently, Jason had told her about having One Direction over in the show and asked her to take Juliette to a soundcheck in order for her to learn more about the boys. Having  Juliette away for a day… not bad. Having the damn soundcheck be at 7 in the morning and being Juliette’s ride to and back from the O2… not so nice. So much for lazying around today.

          I dragged my feet to Juliette’s room and walked straight in (she’s afraid of leaving the door closed at night; I learned the hard way). The only sound in the room consisted of a soft wheezing that her breathing sometimes produced. I didn’t even try to wake her up; I merely slung her sleeping frame over my shoulder and got out of the flat, after grabbing her duffle bag that contained all her meds.

          After reaching my car and dumping Juliette and the duffle in the back seat, I forcefully pried my eyes open. We don’t want any car accidents, do we?

          Halfway there, a groggy Juliette poked her head between the passenger and the driver seats. She verified that it was I who was driving and not some crazy-ass kidnapper and went back to sleep.

***

          After arguing with the two bouncers at the front, showing them my ID multiple times, and calling Jason for them to shut up (all the while having a sleeping human on my shoulder), I was finally walking through the halls of the O2.

          And then I saw him. The Simon Cowell. My role model of all time. He was talking to some person who had an earpiece and some other gear on. And yet here I was, still in my sleepwear, carrying a wheezing, unconscious girl—that was in her pajamas as well—around.

          Simon then turned and spotted me. He excused himself and walked over to me, sticking his hand out. He didn’t seem to mind the clothes I was wearing. Good. “You must be Cameron. I’m Simon Cowell, nice to meet you.” I nearly had a heart attack right then and there.

          “The pleasure’s all mine.” I responded, shaking his hand. Hopefully, I didn’t look too fangirl-like for his liking.

          Simon then eyed the girl hung over my shoulder. “Is this…?”

          “Yeah.” I responded when he trailed off.

          “Oh. Please follow me.” He led us through a maze of hallways, until we reached what looked like the main control booth of the arena. “Your friend Jenna will be here any moment.” He then excused himself to do some other work.

***

          I waited two fucking hours for Jenna to show her arse up. TWO HOURS. And, well, all that time Juliette remained asleep. I envied her for that.

          “Oh, Cameron, fancy seeing you here!” Jenna chirped once she had come in. She then noticed my clothes. “Nice outfit. Not something I would use if I came here but looks good on you!”

          I only glared at her. “You were supposed to be here two hours ago.” I seethed.

          “Yeah, well, I told you that because I thought waking Juliette up would have taken you some time.” She explained as if it were no big deal. As if having your role model see you dressed up like this were something as mundane as eating cereal for breakfast.