Chapter 11 (transition to book 2)

As years passed, Azrial's grief and longing for Elanor never waned. The pain of losing her had driven him to immerse himself in his work, seeking a solution to a problem that seemed impossible to solve bringing Elanor back. He became a recluse, devoting himself to his research with an unyielding determination.

In the depths of his lab, Azrial poured over data, conducted experiments, and explored avenues that most deemed ethically and scientifically impossible. He was driven by a single purpose to reunite with Elanor, to rewrite the boundaries of life and death to have her by his side once more.

Countless failures and setbacks marked his journey, but Azrial refused to give up. The spark of his love for Elanor burned brighter than ever, fueling his relentless pursuit. And then, one night, after years of tireless effort, he stumbled upon a breakthrough.

The solution was both miraculous and terrifying—a blend of science and the unknown. With trembling hands, Azrial developed a procedure that he believed could bring Elanor back to life. The very thought was filled with uncertainty and risk, but the intensity of his love and desperation overrode any hesitation.

One moonlit night, Azrial stood before Elanor's grave, a shovel in his hands. The cold wind seemed to carry both the echoes of his past and the uncertainty of his future. As he began to dig, the dirt fell away in piles, each scoop bringing him closer to the one he had lost.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he reached the coffin. His heart raced as he opened it, and the sight before him was both haunting and beautiful. Elanor's body lay there, not fully decayed, a mixture of preservation and the ravages of time.

Azrial's fingers traced the contours of Elanor's face, his touch both reverent and desperate.

Tears welled in his eyes as he whispered, his voice a mixture of longing and uncertainty,

"We'll be together... forever."