Resignation

Before they knew it, few months had passed and the Yin and Yang duo continued with their routines with some changes here and there.

Qingheng-Jun adjusted to the world well, his presence becoming increasingly obvious as the days passed by and became the pillar supporting their sect with his steady leadership skills. In return, the elders and the disciples grew used to him taking over the reign and most had accepted the way he handled matters in the sect without any complaints since he was efficient in managing the household. He also showed his remorse by spending time often with his sons and sporadically, the always grumpy Lan Qiren would join them. It warmed Xiao Zhan's heart to see Lan Wangji finally received the paternal love that he was deprived of as Qingheng-Jun put a lot of efforts in mending their relationship.

The leader of the Lan Sect was really invested in getting to know Xiao Zhan as the youth always amazed him when he came up with amusing creations and inventions. There was no denying that he was swooning over the talents and skills that young man had to offer. The way he carried himself with such confidence and how his wit never faltered made him so entertaining to be around. He could only admire the younger man endlessly and he enjoyed having frequent conversations with the brilliant cultivator. He trusted Xiao Zhan enough to run his projects and trainings freely in the Cloud Recesses.

The pair never disclosed the nature of their relationship to Qingheng-Jun and as much as he was curious about it, he was respectful enough to not pry on his son's private life. It was none of his business at all, after all. He kept his mouth shut, for both his son's sake and for his own. He got an inkling of it from the way the pair looked and communicated with each other, but he did not dare make an attempt to interfere in whatever their relationship was or risk jeopardizing the current good connection between him and his sons. He was truly content that his family were together once again.

Lan Wangji wasn't exactly secretive about his feelings for Xiao Zhan either. It was as clear as night and day to everyone that he treated Xiao Zhan differently than the others. The elders constantly shot questioning looks at the youngest son of Qingheng-Jun whenever they caught his faint smile while staring at the head disciple of Yunmeng Jiang, but they couldn't say much in the end since Xiao Zhan seemed to be favored by their sect leader too, despite Lan Qiren's obvious disapproval towards the young man. In spite of that, the Elders still acknowledged of the lively young man's talents and they held high regards on his superior cultivation skills.

In fact, the name Wei Wuxian had spread across the cultivation world and his reputation pulled the attentions of many. People were getting curious of him as the rumors of his unvelievable abilities continued to be a topic of discussion. That included the Wen Clan.

Xiao Zhan was not oblivious to all that since he could not possibly stop people from talking. Consequently, he chose to stay still in Cloud Recesses to avoid possible unwanted troubles from anyone but it wasn't easy for him to stay put as he felt more and more restless as the months passed. The same unchanging pattern of daily life bored him to a point that he could no longer bear it.

"Lan Zhan, please. Just let me enjoy the time together alone with you." Xiao Zhan pouted as he complained. He did not really mind the continuous attentions he got from Lan Wangji's father at first. However, after a while of having countless of meetings and discussions with him, be it intellectual or cultivation related topics, he grew a little tired of it. He vented out his dismay, "Don't get me wrong, your father is a wonderful man and all, but I am beginning to question if I am dating you or your father."

"Do you dislike my father?" Lan Wangji asked innocently.

"No, of course not!" Xiao Zhan immediately shook his head before taking a deep breath and continued his rambling with a frustrated expression, "To be honest, your father is just a little overwhelming sometimes. I mean, he's everywhere and I see his face almost as much as I see you. It gets a little tiring to answer his endless questions too! You know how he is when he got excited with liberal arts. If I have to talk about algebra one more time this week, I think I will cry and it would be blood, not tears!"