The Lestrange's

Bellatrix Lestrange. Evil. Cruel. Wicked. Mad. The perfect role model for Alice.

At four years old Alice was starting to develop her own unique personality. She had a laugh just like her 'aunty bella'. And she was a very mean little toddler. She had a lot of attitude towards her fathers followers.

Tom let the Malfoy's and Lestrange's come over for dinner. And in return they would invite him over. There was never any conversation except when it was at the Lestrange Manor. Bellatrix had a strange fixation with her master, she viewed him like a god.

"My Lord your robs are exceptionally exquisite today" she was so over the top when speaking to him, but her menacing grin pleased him "ha thank you bella" she grined her famous smile, she loved that name.

The Dark Lord had not become soft in any way but he did have manners and decided to play a character at these dinners. He didn't bother with trying to terrify his guests instead he encouraged chatter and simply listened.  Soon it became and honor to be invited and even the lowest of ranking death eaters were dying to be there. But to have Voldemort invite you to *his* mansion was a unfathomable rarity. So rare infact in two years there was but three dinners at his home. Instead Bellatrix took it upon herself to have the meals at her home and then she would allow Narcissa and Lucius to host the next meal. But only high ranking death eaters had the dinners at their houses.

Over the course of two years the death eaters had become less like family and more like friends, everyone knew Alice and Alice knew everyone, she had aunts, uncles and cousins. Alice appeared at dinners more than her father did, if he didn't quiet feel like it he sent Alice out with the Malfoy's to spy for him.

Narcissa and Bella were Alice's favourites. And she loved to terrorize Draco.

Narcissa and Bellatrix had become close again and they would frequently visit each others houses. Because Tom didn't want visitors or meetings to be held at his home he had the Lestrange's take the honour of hosting meetings.

One night Bellatrix and Rodolphus decided to have a ball. The theme was green and gold. They had the house eleves prepare a spectacular 5 course meal. The hours before the ball were chaotic as Bella insisted it must be perfect. Green and gold drapes, green carpet, gold cutlery. Everything was done up and Lestrange Manor never looked so nice.

Tom had recieved the invitation but was not planning on going. But Alice certainly was. "Father, please go with me. Dracos silly friends will be there and I don't like them". Alice really hated Draco's friends, she believed they were below her. "Alice, my dear I dont dance" it was a lie of course Tom could dance in fact he could do anything really. "Please father we can just sit and watch, you like that dont you". She knew how ti get her own way with Tom. "Mmm I suppose you haven't had dinner yet so we might as well go"

Alice had her father magick a little gold dress with a green ribbon, then he twirled her hair up into a cute little bun with a dark green clip. Tom himself wore a dark green dress robe, so close to black it barely seemed green even in the light. They headed off to the party.

Bellatrix welcomed them. She wore a long silky green dress and her hair was perfectly curled into coils. She wore beautiful gold jewellery. "My lord" she bowed her head, then looked up smiling at Alice "how nice of you to come dear" Alice loved her aunty bella and rushed in for a little hug, Bella wasn't a fan of hugs but who could resist Alice.

The night started out with dancing. Alice looked everywhere for Draco but could not find him. Instead she danced with Narcissa and then gave up. Then the meal started and Tom sat to the left of his daughter with Bella on the right. Naricssa seated herself on the other side of Alice, she leaned over to whisper "dear hes outside in the garden playing with the other boys, why dont you join them" "no thank you aunty". She thought how rude of them to be missing aunty Bella and uncle roddies party. So she excused herself from the table and ran outside to find the boys playing tag. "Oh hi Alice, wanna play" Draco seemed out of breath from all the running "your missing dinner Draco, I dont think your mother is very pleased". She teased him and laughed. "One more round okayyy" "no Draco come inside now". "Ughh your so bossy". Draco and Alice were best friends and he listened to her and she listened to him, at six years old they were both good at doing what their told. Then Narcissa came out to the gardens. "Boys and Alice where have you been, you are insulting your hoste by leaving the party, get inside now". She seemed very cross and when they went inside so did the other adults except Voldemort. "Come now Alice apologise to you hosts for leaving". She went over the her aunt Bella "sorry" she didn't mean it, she didn't understand why she was getting in trouble. "Lets go now Alice". They apparated back to Riddle Mansion. "Now Alice tomorrow you will go back to the Lestrange's, your aunts are going to teach some manners". He walked off to his chambers.

Alice couldn't understand what the big deal was. She went to her bedroom and sat down on her bed, her house elf matilda came in to help her get ready for bed. She lay there thinking. Then she fell asleep.