Prologue

Thank you vanilla_chocolate020 for being the supporting author for this story!

Jennie

I stood there, breaths heavy and labored, clutching an axe in my trembling hands. My heart raced, and my senses were heightened as I stared at the figure lying at my feet, the metallic tang of blood lingering in the air.

A smirk formed on my face as I watched the dark crimson liquid seep from the wound I had inflicted. The smell of iron hung heavy in the air. It was a scene straight out of a nightmare, and yet, there was an undeniable rush that coursed through my veins.

I had trained for years, honing my skills, but nothing had prepared me for this visceral moment. As I stood there, the adrenaline slowly began to ebb away, leaving me feeling cold and empty. The reality of what I had done started to sink in. I had crossed a line, and there was no going back, not that I'm complaining. Truth be told, I loved every bit of it. The splash of blood seeping into the fabric of my black jacket, the way her eyes widened as I swung my axe, begging for me to spare her life, every bit of it.

My red cherry lips smirked up as she asked, "Who... who are you? Pleas- Please..."

My chuckle filled the air as I shut my eyes tight before opening them to stare deep into hers, "I'm Ruby Jane."

I just made my first kill.