Chapter 4: Step 3, Luring - Victim #2 (M)

Jennie

As the first rays of morning sunlight gently filtered through the curtains, illuminating my bedroom, I stirred in my comfortable bed. The room was awash in a soft, golden glow, casting a warm and inviting ambiance. The walls were painted a soothing shade of lavender, and framed pictures of my cherished memories adorned the walls, each one holding a story of its own.

My bed, adorned with plush, lavender-hued sheets, was positioned against the far wall, nestled beneath a large window with sheer, billowing curtains that allowed the early morning light to sneak in. The soft cotton duvet cover featured a floral pattern in shades of lavender and rose, adding to the room's serene atmosphere.

A small wooden nightstand stood to the right of my bed, adorned with a lamp and a vase of freshly picked flowers. The aroma of the blooms filled the room, mixing with the subtle scent of lavender from a scented candle on the dresser across the room.

My phone, my ever-loyal morning alarm, rested on the nightstand. Its screen, briefly illuminated by the notifications, disrupted the room's peaceful serenity. The faint hum of my phone's vibrations on the wooden surface accompanied the chimes of incoming messages annoyed me.

Why would people even bother with something so stupid like messaging? And this early in the morning? Whatever reason that moron had for sending those messages better be good, or I will fucking kill someone today.

I groaned as I stretched my arms and let out a soft yawn, my eyes still adjusting to the morning light. As I reached for my phone, I heard a faint knock coming from my door.

God, will people just fucking leave me alone?

I absolutely despise being rudely interrupted first thing in the morning. It infuriates me to no end when people have the audacity to disturb my precious slumber just to get in touch with me. I find it utterly pointless and utterly repulsive to waste my precious time engaging in such mind-numbing conversations. The mere thought of catching up with people fills me with nothing but disgust. I find great joy in the fact that I couldn't care less about their pathetic lives; the insignificant details of their existence mean absolutely nothing to me.

"What the hell do you want now, you pathetic excuse for a human being?" I yelled, seething with annoyance. The door creaked open as two of our housekeepers slithered into the room. Their pathetic gazes were glued to the floor, as if they were too spineless to even look me in the eye.

"Good morning, Miss Kim. What would you like for breakfast today?" One of them asked timidly.

"Give me whatever the hell my father is having. Why the hell do you keep pestering me with that goddamn idiotic question every single fucking day? You pathetic imbecile, try using the minuscule remnants of your feeble mind, yeah?" I let out an exasperated and infuriated growl.

"Ri- right away, Miss Kim." They hurriedly spoke while swiftly exiting the room and closing the door behind them.

"God. Fucking half-wits." I rolled my eyes, clearly annoyed. As I reached out for my phone and checked my notifications. I glanced at my screen, a feeling of annoyance faded away upon seeing the name 'Son Ga-In.'

Ah, my little lamb. How delightful it is to witness the feeble attempts of hers to get my attention.

8:58AM Son Ga-In

Good morning, Jennie. I can't wait to see you on Friday! I hope you had a good night's sleep, I certainly did after that kiss, hehe.

8:59AM Son Ga-In

What are you up to? I hope you're doing well. Have a great day ahead, Miss Jennie Kim ;)