Chapter 1: Lion and the Lamb

Jennie

A mischievous grin spread across my face, my eyes danced with a touch of delight as I savored the sound of bones breaking, the sensation of the lifeless rabbit in my hands. A sadistic, sinister laughter emanated from deep within me as I cruelly locked eyes with my father, relishing in his horrified expression as his lips twisted into a sorrowful frown, witnessing the macabre spectacle of me mercilessly snuffing out the life of the innocent pet rabbit he had so kindly bestowed upon me.

And that was the exact moment he realized, I reveled in his misery. I was only 5 years old when the insatiable desire for blood first consumed me, the unrelenting urge to satiate my twisted cravings. It became my twisted lifeline, the very essence that kept me from descending into madness. He took me to an endless parade of so-called "top" doctors and psychiatrists, both within and outside the country, but not a single one possessed the competence to diagnose the source of my affliction.

To be brutally honest, I don't see anything wrong with me. I am but a girl, pretending to find joy in mundane activities like the rest of humanity, though my interests may appear unsettling to those feeble-minded fools who cannot comprehend true darkness. The wretched darkness that lurks within each pitiful soul, forever yearning to be set free, yet cowardly cowering in fear of its own existence. No one is innocent, believe me. If given the chance, they would explore the realm, they would seek the knowledge and they would kill, just like me. I suppose I was simply too advanced for my age, much to my dismay.

In my free time, I derive sick pleasure from subjecting my so-called 'playtoy' to a sadistic dom-sub relationship. That was the only way to satisfy my twisted desires when I'm not consumed by the sickening urge to take yet another life. No one had the endurance to endure my sadistic delights, nor could they fully appreciate the exquisite agony and twisted pleasure I derive from it. And... I was left with no choice, but to get rid of them.

I guess being the daughter of a multi billionaire businessman does have its perks. Besides the money, the fame, and the power, my father was delighted in obliterating any trace of my little escapades with my unfortunate victims from the face of the earth - no news coverage, not even a faint whisper of the horrifying incident. He even gifted me a dilapidated factory, and meticulously constructed my 'kill room' beneath it, all soundproof and everything. I suppose he begrudgingly surrendered to the fact that this will forever be a part of me, an immense and inescapable burden indeed. And instead of rejecting it, which would have caused immeasurable suffering, he accepted and even relished in assisting me in fully growing into the woman that I am destined to be.

While the world foolishly admired my poised and elegant facade, little did they know of the sadistic monster lurking within me, Ruby Jane. And I relish in the fact that they will never uncover the truth. They can never, and it brings me immense pleasure to witness their eternal failure. Those pathetic fools.

-

I was torturing myself with each bitter sip of my Starbucks coffee, such a basic bitch thing, torturing my mind with the mind-numbing pages of Us Weekly, pretending and futilely attempting to find any joy in the banal lives of others. I groaned loudly in frustration as I viciously slammed the magazine shut onto the delicate glass top of the patio.

"This is stupid. These people-" My fingers hovering over the cover of the crumpled cover page of the magazine, "are so fucking foolish." I couldn't help but roll my eyes beneath the glamorous Chanel shades that adorned my face. It was a good thing, really, because my best friend, the ever-enthusiastic and oblivious soul that she was, would never be able to witness the sheer disgust that filled my eyes whenever she indulged in her daily guilty pleasure.

Although she knows I reveled in the sadistic pleasure of harboring a secret desire for a world that surpassed her pitiful mundane interests, a world drenched in the crimson rivers of blood and consumed by insatiable lust. She had no idea of the sadistic pleasure I would derive from going to extreme lengths to satisfy my twisted desires. But for now, I would continue to hide my true desires behind the shield of my designer sunglasses, silently yearning for a life less ordinary.