chapter ii. new opportunties

On the way home from bowling, whilst stuck in between a bickering Johnny and Adam, Cameron had noticed a help wanted sign on the door of a diner they had driven by. It wasn't too far away, close enough that she was sure there would be busses near by, and also close enough that she could potentially force Ethan to drive her to and from like he had to do when she got her first, second and third job back home.

So, after spending a solid 2 hours crafting a perfect resume, she was off to hand it in. Her roommates were gone by the time she woke up, something about hockey practice. It hadn't really clicked until now that these would be the new freshmen on her brothers team, she just hoped they didn't mention anything to them about the amazingly funny and beautiful new roommate they had gotten. She wasn't in the mood for an angry series of texts from Ethan.

Knowing she didn't have class until later on in the day, Cameron caught a bus to the diner. When she walked in, she was caught off guard by the retro looking restaurant . It did not look this cute from the outside.

Her blue eyes scanned the diner for anyone who seemed to be working, landing on an older man scowling at the register like it had murdered his family.

Bracing herself with a larger than life smile, Cameron walked towards the man, pieces of her printed out resume in her hand. "Hello." She stated boldly, acting as if her nerves weren't quite literally eating her alive. The man's eyes flickered up from the register, giving the teenage girl a one over before returning to look at her face, where his eyes should have been the entire time.

"I'd like to speak to a manager."

"I am the manager." The reply was gruff and short, but Cameron refused to let that get in the way of future potential employment. She had her fair share of grumpy bosses back home.

"I saw your help wanted sign outside, so I brought my resume." Cameron handed the man the paper, he didn't even glance at it. He simply let his eyes fleet to every exposure of skin on the girls body before nodding his head, "you're hired. Come back Tuesday next week and Jenkins over there will train you."

The man pointed behind him, where a pretty blonde girl had been watching the entire exchange. Her eyes widened when she realised she had been caught spying, her head shooting down as she cleaned a bench.

Cameron nodded her head, muttering a thank you before walking back out the door, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling she felt in her gut.

***

Returning back home, Cameron had already informed Ethan of her new job, leaving out the part that her new boss was kind of creepy. She needed the money, and she knew if she told her over protective brother the truth, he'd have a tantrum.

She couldn't, however, wait to tell her roomies so they could all discuss. She had found quite quickly that they all loved a good gossip session.

Walking into her apartment, she was met with four boys sprawled out across the couch, all with pained expressions and eyes shut. They looked exhausted.

"Hey Cam." Nick muttered as she walked passed him, the girl jumping over the back of the couch and landing beside an almost unconscious Rutger.

"How was practice?" She was met with a series of groans from all four boys. "Lovely!" Cameron announced, clapping her hands together once to emphasise her happiness towards their awful training.

Rutger grabbed her hands and forced them apart, keeping one on his lap without realising. "Shhhh! My head hurts and your clapping isn't helping." Cameron's eyes almost burst out of her head, and she was glad all the boys eyes were closed otherwise she was sure she would be getting made fun of due to her pink tinted cheeks. Rutger, still, never dropped her hand.