chapter vi. reconciliation

It was no secret that things had been awkward in apartment 316 ever since the argument that occurred between Cameron and Rutger three nights ago. Adam and Nick were confused, only having gone off what Luca had told them as both Cameron and Rutger refused to talk about it.

Cameron had spent her time out of the apartment, either hanging with one of the boys (albeit Rutger) or her friends from work. She had even stopped by and hung out with her brother and his friends for a bit but had disappeared when they begun asking about every little detail of her living situation.

They were all too curious for their own good.

Rutger had spent his time cursing himself and feeling embarrassed for how he had treated the Edwards girl. But apologising meant he would have to admit that he was jealous, and therefore admitting that he felt at least something for her.

And he thinks he would rather die than be rejected by her.

As for the other occupants of apartment 316, they were all less than happy at the situation between their two friends which was now bleeding into their life as they all sat down on the couch to watch a movie and have dinner.

Cameron and Rutger sat on either ends of the couch, when they would usually sit next to each other, and both didn't say a word as they ate in silence. Adam couldn't help but notice the way that Cameron looked at Rutger when he wasn't looking and the way he looked at her when she was pretending to watch the movie.

Nick put his takeaway box onto the coffee table before standing up and in front of the TV. "Bro, move. This is the best part!" Luca demanded as he angled his body over Cameron's to see the screen. The girl rolled her eyes playfully at the boy before shoving him off her.

"I can't take this anymore." Nick told the group, ignoring the older Fantilli boy and continuing to stand in the way. Cameron's eyebrows, along with everyone else's, creased in confusion at his words.

"You two need to start talking and apologise to each other." Nick told both Cameron and Rutger, giving them both a pointed look that told them that he wasn't playing around. "I don't have anything to apologise for." Cameron shot back, handing her takeaway box off to Luca who had been begging for some since he finished his.

The topic of discussion had made her lose her appetite.

All eyes turned towards the McGroarty boy, who looked down at his food as he played with it silently. Cameron scoffed in response, muttering, "unbelievable."

Rutger watched out of the corner of his eye as she slumped in her seat, her eyes trained on the wall and a less then happy expression coating her features. He wanted to apologise, but he didn't know how without exposing himself for how he truly felt and embarrassing himself by saying he was jealous over a girl he wasn't even dating.

It was ridiculous.

"Fine then." Nick said as he clapped his hands. And just when everyone thought it was over, he added, "Adam, Luca, your assistance, please."

The younger Fantilli boy seemed to have the right idea of what Nick was implying at he nodded his head before standing up and making his way towards Cameron. The girl didn't even get a word on before she was thrown over his shoulder.

"Adam!" She yelled as she banged on his back with her fists, but he barely flinched at the rough contact. Nick smiled deviously as Cameron was dragged into the small storage closet in between the bathroom and Luca's room. Rutger watched in confusion, his moment of distraction enough for both Luca and Nick to grab an arm and drag him into the same storage closet.

After a few minutes of struggling, the three boys had managed to cram both of their fighting roommates into the storage closet and lock the door. Bangs were heard from inside, alongside the muffled threats of Cameron as she used every curse word in the books in her attempts of convincing the three boys to let her out.