Chapter One • Betrayed

I have always been unlikable.

I was born with 'spider hair' as my classmates like to put it. Thin, white hair that reaches my lower back, and my face doesn't make up for it either.

Skinny, boney. I've been told I look sickly. I don't disagree with it. It adds to my ghost aesthetic. ✨️

When I was in kindergarten, I had a friend, Lucy, or at least I thought I had a friend...

One day, I was on the swings when a group of girls walked over. They shoved me off the swing. They called me spider legs and their leader? Lucy.

Since that day, Lucy's been tormenting me all throughout school. Breaking my supplies, copying my answers, acting innocent while I'm being tortured. Her attitude makes my blood boil, but no one would believe an outcast like me...

Lucy wasn't the only person who's betrayed me. There was Jaxsohn who humiliated me in front of my class, britayleigh, who stole my things and then lied about it, but Lucy has always been the ring leader.

It doesn't help that she's just so stunning with her doll like blond hair and her shining green eyes. How can anyone believe she's an evil snake? I couldn't believe it either at first, but after years of torment, I've come to learn her true colors.

I'm now in 12th grade, just a year from graduation. I expect my parents to kick me out as soon as that happens. If they do, I'll have nowhere to go... But I'm sure I'll figure it out before then.

My parents aren't any better than Lucy. When I was younger, they did a lot of unspeakable things. My family was well respected, but my father couldn't keep his mouth shut, and we lost hundreds, even thousands of money. Not long after, my mom divorced him. It really hurt me, and I spent years in therapy after, but neither of them cared...

I've learned not to trust anyone, never make friends, make yourself hidden, but I guess I'll never truly be left alone with Lucy bullying me...