Chapter 5 • Judging

When you're a kid, you have no idea what judging is. You're free to do whatever you like.

As you get older, you learn people can have bad opinions on you, and you slowly learn that some things are less acceptable than others.

Then you start judging other people.

Gossiping, lying, exaggerating.

It happens to everyone. No one is truly ever themself.

----------------------------♡---------------------------

Today marks three weeks before homecoming. I really have no idea if I want to go, but if a certain someone asks, I'm completely open.

Andrew and Lucy have teamed up to get Raul away from me. It's like they have the same braincell, and it's getting on my last nerve.

Whenever I'm at lunch, one of them works on distracting Raul, and the other one drags me away. I will admit that it worked a few times, but I've noticed the pattern now and just stay put.

Raul thinks it's a joke, but I know that they want to sabbatoge my love life.

It kind of hurts because I kinda was warming up to Andrew, and then he started to ruin my chances at happiness.

Anyway, on a happier note, Raul said he wanted to go to the mall with me this sunday, so it's kinda like he asked me on a date!! I'm extremely excited.

I mean, he asked me, spider legs, of all people! That's just so, so- kzkdeelsks. I'm just too excited.

I realize I need an outfit that isn't my usual hoodie and sweatpants. I do have some nice outfits, but I haven't worn anything pretty since my 6th grade welcome dance where I felt extremely out of place.

I'm probably going to wear jeans and a crop top, but we'll see...

I cannot wait!